Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

Ending Tonight on Ebay: Rare Whitman Type Set Albums Philippines, Canada, Newfoundland, Panama + Va

EBAY AUCTIONS

I have the following out of print Whitman Bookshelf Albums up for auction:

Philippines Type Set
Canada Type Set Small Coins
Canada Type Set Large Coins
Newfoundland Type Set
Panama Type Set
Israel Commemeratives Volume 1

I also have up a bunch on interesting love tokens and engraved coins.
Always interested in nice love tokens and engraved coins.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, it's a bummer they discontinued some of those. I put in a few bids on those and some of your LTs.

I wish there were more good world type set albums out there. Not too much selection nowadays. I had fun with the three Irish Danscos once.

Sure, I know they'd likely be slow sellers here in the US, but I'm surprised there aren't more produced, outside of maybe Euro albums. And if there are any good world type set albums produced in other countries, I haven't seen many, with the possible Euro exception noted. I guess the US still has a near monopoly on the manufacture of numismatic albums. 'Tis a pity our collecting horizons aren't broader over here.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    I think the slabs market has been crushing the album market. Especially with NCLT like the Israel commems. All of my Israeli commems are in slabs, for example.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good point. I guess it isn't worth a manufacturer's time and expense to run off specialty items for what will be a pretty narrow niche market.

Too bad, because I would probably be in one or two of those niches.

Then again, I've learned to make my own custom "albums" pretty well with pocket pages and printed flip inserts.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    engravedengraved Posts: 185 ✭✭
    Hi Lord Marcovan, thanks for the bids. I had ambitions to building some nice type sets, but they never really got off the ground.
    Always interested in nice love tokens and engraved coins.