Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Do any of you think this card is fake? Auto???

after reading recent articles in sports card mags.. i think it is.. whats all your opinions??
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1825852289

Comments

• Options
    It may be. The way you can tell is if it sticks up pass the card (someone basically glued it on top of the original patch piece).
  • Options
    if not thats crazy!
    im from the loot and im proud
  • Options
    I think it is fake.
  • Options
    VincecarderVincecarder Posts: 1,852
    I remeber when there was a problem with the Ichiro patch cards. These guys are pretty good with replacing the patches. I've heard the gluing on top method and I've also heard that they can cut out the original patchand put in the fake one. Pretty sick what some guys will do for a buck. I personally owned a GU that I thought was 100% fake, it was a carter 1998 UD jersey card with the nba logo and it just looked too suspisious. Best way to tell on one of these is by looking at it in person, wouldn't really want to risk it buying it off ebay.
    CB4
  • Options
    I bet it sells for a ton though
    hi
  • Options
    the card is fake, the logo is too well trimmed and centered to be a real card. the only shot you have that it is legit is that the seller is est and is a power seller.
  • Options
    RockTheMic13RockTheMic13 Posts: 257 ✭✭

<< <i>It may be. The way you can tell is if it sticks up pass the card (someone basically glued it on top of the original patch piece). >>

i have patches (that i pulled), where the piece sticks up past the top of the card
    I collect all WVU Alumni: Amos Zereoue, Steve Slaton, Pat White, Robert Sands, Rasul Douglas, Avon Cobourne, Quincy Wilson, Owen Schmitt, Will Grier, Gary Jennings, David Sills, Trevon Wesco, Pat McAfee, Darius Stills, Tavon Austin, Geno Smith, Charles Sims, Sam Huff, Chuck Howley, Jerry West (NBA), Jevon Carter (NBA), Miles McBride (NBA), Jedd Gyorko (MLB), Alek Manoah (MLB), John Means (MLB), etc.