Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Time frame for guarantee resubmissions

I have had some silver eagles at our host since 11/8/12 under their guarantee resubmission tier. We are at about day 80 or so.Called this afternoon and was told that they are still looking at them. Seems like an AWEFUL long time to look at some eagles if you ask me. All are MS70's with major milk spots. Don't see what the problem would be. Anyone else here ever experience such a long timeframe on this? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems just a tad overdue.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just submitted an expensive 19th century dated gold coin that has turned in its holder. I was hoping for a quicker turnaround than 80+ days!
  • Options
    tlake22tlake22 Posts: 299 ✭✭
    yeah this suc*s.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    I've had a grade guarantee that was entered into the system on 3/30/2011 which did not post until 10/12/2011 and its not that they are still "looking" at them as much as its they haven't "gotten around to them" yet.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    I have only sent in two and found them to be very helpful. One was a peace dollar VAM that had a deep scratch hidden in the hair that made it unsaleable. 1 week later I got a check for my full declared value and the coin back raw which I sold for silver which was near 50$ at the time. The other was an AU58 trade dollar that was covered in PVC and had turned color around the film, that one took almost 5 months as I requested that it be conserved and returned (long before they offered the service) which they did a masterful job of. And that is 90% of why I insist on PCGS plastic.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Figured I'd update this thread...

I dropped off two coins for guarantee resubmission on the last day of the Long Beach show and just had them delivered back to me by the USPS. So total turn around was exactly two weeks! Both coins were returned to me in new holders at the same grade and it's obvious that PCGS did some work to each coin to cure the issues each had, but I'm not sure what was done as they didn't leave me a note or otherwise let me know what happened. I also don't know if I am being charged the $25/coin for guarantee resubmission they made me pay to look at them in the first place. I'm guessing not because the coins apparently had issues if they reholdered them and worked on them. I guess I'll know more after I call on Monday to try to get details...

Anyways, just wanted to let folks know it seemingly doesn't take months and months every time image

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These can take a long time, I ma guessing some are much easier than others.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file