Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Hey matte heads

'09 VDB MPL at recent LM auction. Looks like the 64 BN went for strong money. Price guide will have to be adjusted upward. Good news for all us matte heads.

Comments

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone get us a link??

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price realized $27,600. Not a bad looking coin for the grade, hope to own one someday image

LINK
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    My FAVORITE coin in the matte proof series. As I've said MANY times, the 1909VDB MPL is a RARE Lincoln cent coin with, in my opinion, less than 200 in existence. Just about ALL of them are in the hands of collectors or dealers who CURRENTLY do not want to sell them. While condition of the individual coin does determine the ultimate dollar value, if someone needs or wants this coin for their collection, AND ONE BECOMES AVAILABLE VIA AUCTION OR PRIVATE TREATY, then the price a person would be willing to pay for that coin may be more dictated by the desire to own it, than the condition it is in. JMHO. Steveimage
  • Options
    Thanks Mike. and Yes Steve, if you had the dough, we all know you would be the hoarder of EVERY 1909 VDB MPL you could get your hands on LOL.

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent! Congrats, Bob!
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Excellent! Congrats, Bob! >>

I don't know if congratulations are in order for me, maybe Barry.

It wasn't an easy decision to make. I have a couple of endeavors I want to complete that made the sale necessary.
    I will be keeping all the others in the set with the exception of the 1909 which I will be replacing.

The VDB is now part of the Trottier Collection, which is #16 in the MPL Registry.
  • Options
    Glad to see its "here" and not in a private collection where it can not be seen!! Congratulations!!

WS
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I don't know if congratulations are in order for me, maybe Barry. >>

No seriously, your loss mitigation skills are clearly better than mine!
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I don't know if congratulations are in order for me, maybe Barry. >>

No seriously, your loss mitigation skills are clearly better than mine! >>

I must have caught it on the way back up.
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880
    Congratulations, Bob. I tried to call you but Mrs robec must be hoggin' the IPad.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    It's a really nice coin and one of my favorites.

It's in very strong hands now image
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's a really nice coin and one of my favorites.

It's in very strong hands now image >>

Congratulations Barry, (and also to Bob). This is a great example of why this coin is so special and so difficult to acquire. Those that own one realize how special it is and decide to usually hold on to it rather than sell. Good luck on the next one coming to auction in Chicago in late April. Steveimage