Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Publishing

Hi all,

Has anyone on the boards here published a paper or article on coins or something of numismatic interest? Either in a magazine or reviewed numismatic journal?

Comments

• Options
    DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭
    I've had a few articles published, in The Numismatist, the Georgia Numismatic Association
    magazine, the Token and Medal Society Journal, the Women in Numismatics journal,
    etc. Also a few articles with crossover numismatic/deltiological interest, in Postcard World.

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only in a club newsletter.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    I could post MUCH in "drek-weekly" but not really anything "Numismatically" interesting image
  • Options
    AnalystAnalyst Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭

Yes, I am limiting this response to articles that relate to world coins rather than U.S. coins or other topics, as this is the world coin forum.

1) My column appears every week on www.CoinWeek.com, though a minority of my Coinweek articles relate to world coins.

Auctions in March

European Gold Shines in World Coin Auction

Choice, historical British Coins Auctioned in New York

Rare English Gold Sovereign of Queen Mary I

2) I have contributed hundreds of articles to Krause Publications, including quite a few to World Coin News, years ago. For example, I wrote multiple articles about the Eliasberg Collection of World gold coins that ANR auctioned in 2005.

3) I wrote some articles about Costa Rican coins, British Coins, and the Millennia Collection for CoinLink. Those interested are invited to ask for specifics.

Thanks, Analyst

insightful10 gmail
    "In order to understand the scarce coins that you own or see, you must learn about coins that you cannot afford." -Me
  • Options
    RobPRobP Posts: 483 ✭✭
    I've done a few articles. A couple of short pieces in the Spink Circular and a couple of longer papers in the British Numismatic Journal.
  • Options
    mnemtsas2mnemtsas2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    My partner and I have written several articles that have appeared in The Australian Coin and Banknote magazine.
    Successful trades with Syracusian, DeiGratia, LordM, WWW, theboz11, CCC2010, Hyperion, ajaan, wybrit, Dennis88 and many others.
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    I've done a number of articles, primarily related to US national banknotes in both Paper Money (the Journal of SPMC) and Bank Note Reporter. Most of these were the results of primary research at the National Archives and other resources I had available. I recall 2 darkside articles: one on Latvian Paper Money and, years ago, one on the Victoria Germ coins of Probus, both based on secondary sources and material in my collection.

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    bosoxbosox Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭
    I have published several articles in the Canadian Numismatic Journal and have self published four books in Canadian large cents.
    Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com