Home U.S. Coin Forum

Teletrade Offer

Somewhere/somehow, I saw a page come up while bouncing around online that said something about Teletrade was offering something free. Didn't catch all of it so called them. They are accepting raw coins, will proffer them to

<< <i>..."the grading services for you". >>

(I believe it will be either PCGS or NGC). They then notify you of the results, send back any that cannot be certified (not grade related) and put the rest in the next auction.

The fee is only $9 for slabbing regular US coins (no gold) and other seemingly very reasonable fees for Variety thru EB Economy. $2 more per coin for them and if they do not sell, will include them in up to the next two auctions. They also do not ask you to give a minimum grade and a market value

<< <i>...only if known. >>

on the submit form.

I am seriously considering this as a good deal since I've let both memberships lapse and the expense of re-joining, submitting, waiting for return, hoping I get the grades I think the coins deserve, then listing them with eBay all sounds like a lot more money and definitely more work. I have sold with TT before back in 2005 so have a account established.

Does this sound like a good deal for me? I do know the pros/cons of this method and realize it is a ploy to drum up additional auction listings but it is more efficient and cheaper. (Have I already decided.....?)

Any thoughts out there???
Everything starts and everything stops at precisely the right time for precisely the right reason.

Comments

• LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    after grading & auction time i hope you are patient about getting paid

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember getting am email awhile back promoting no seller fees, but dont recall if there was anything in that communication about grading.
    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let Teletrade help you certify your raw coins with NGC and PCGS for Free. Just consign your raw coins to an upcoming Teletrade auction and for every coin that sells for $250 or more, Teletrade will pay the grading cost!
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Let Teletrade help you certify your raw coins with NGC and PCGS for Free. Just consign your raw coins to an upcoming Teletrade auction and for every coin that sells for $250 or more, Teletrade will pay the grading cost! >>

Hmmm...I think that Wondercoin has hacked Bajjerfan's account.

• blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would send mine to Ian at Great Collections first.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would send mine to Ian at Great Collections first. >>

Why?
    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.

• " after grading & auction time i hope you are patient about getting paid "

Yes Indeed. Very Patient.

" I would send mine to Ian at Great Collections first. "

So Would I

<< <i>

<< <i>Let Teletrade help you certify your raw coins with NGC and PCGS for Free. Just consign your raw coins to an upcoming Teletrade auction and for every coin that sells for $250 or more, Teletrade will pay the grading cost! >>

Hmmm...I think that Wondercoin has hacked Bajjerfan's account.

image >>

I bet he hacked if offa TT's front page juss like I did.image

<< <i>Somewhere/somehow, I saw a page come up while bouncing around online that said something about Teletrade was offering something free. Didn't catch all of it so called them. They are accepting raw coins, will proffer them to

<< <i>..."the grading services for you". >>

(I believe it will be either PCGS or NGC). They then notify you of the results, send back any that cannot be certified (not grade related) and put the rest in the next auction.

The fee is only $9 for slabbing regular US coins (no gold) and other seemingly very reasonable fees for Variety thru EB Economy. $2 more per coin for them and if they do not sell, will include them in up to the next two auctions. They also do not ask you to give a minimum grade and a market value

<< <i>...only if known. >>

on the submit form.

I am seriously considering this as a good deal since I've let both memberships lapse and the expense of re-joining, submitting, waiting for return, hoping I get the grades I think the coins deserve, then listing them with eBay all sounds like a lot more money and definitely more work. I have sold with TT before back in 2005 so have a account established.

Does this sound like a good deal for me? I do know the pros/cons of this method and realize it is a ploy to drum up additional auction listings but it is more efficient and cheaper. (Have I already decided.....?)

Any thoughts out there??? >>

I'd guess that it depends upon how many coins you have, how they might grade and what kind of results that you could expect on eBay. If you have 100 coins, that might be a lot to look up in various grades on eBay. If you'd rather not put in that much effort it might be best to let someone else handle it for you.
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a very good deal. I have about 55 coins in under that deal right now. Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file