Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1991 Kayo Promo #5 Mike Tyson PSA 9 Mint....

I have been collecting Mike Tyson cards for a few years and initially set out to buy all of his early cards and picked this one up.

I sent it in to PSA and it came back as a PSA 9 Mint.

There is one of these listed on EBAY and I went back and checked the pop report and there have only been four of these graded with one PSA 9 and one PSA 10.

Do any of the boxing collectors know anything about the print run on these? They pop up from time to time on EBAY and it may be that there just has not been that many sent in.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Can't help with your question but that is a cool Tyson card!!
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    I think they are fairly common. For some reason psa didn't grade these for a long time. I picked one up at a card show in a dollar bin and pitched psa on grading them. It got an 8 and was the first one graded.. I think since psa didn't grade these they kinda got tossed to side for a while. You seem to predict the mkt on Tyson cards way better than me... But if you have a low pop I would strike while the iron is hot... I remember when I used to search for the panini rookie I would see the kayo raw pretty often.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭
    Sweet looking card!
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    I think the going rate for this card is around $5000. You'd be surprised what people will pay for Tyson's these days.

Great card, D!
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options

<< <i>I think the going rate for this card is around $5000. You'd be surprised what people will pay for Tyson's these days.

Great card, D! >>

Ha! Now THAT is funny.

D, nice card!
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
  • Options
    Sweet looking card, love the border. Keeping it for the PC?
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think the going rate for this card is around $5000. You'd be surprised what people will pay for Tyson's these days.

Great card, D! >>

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I am keeping this one.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I bet you would sell if the price was ridiculous!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable