Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PSA Storage box from bbce

Does anyone here have the wooden psa storage box from bbce? I was thinking about buying one and wanted to get others opinions? It says it holds 160 cards I wish it was a little bigger the set I want to store in it is about 180 cards.

Box Link

Comments

• I believe they are made by Steve's father. Perhaps he could make you a larger one to hold the extra 20 cards.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!' Mark Frost
  • Bear48Bear48 Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    "A Box Factory" also sells boxes for PSA slabs. I really like them.
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    If I was in the market for one of those, the $50 option from Steve's father looks far nicer than the $80 ones from ABF, plus it holds 20 more slabs.
  • 70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭
    The boxes are nice, but they are not really "strong" in the sense that they are not built for moving around.
    The hinges seem to be cabinet hinges and the wood is probably about 1/4" thick, so the hinge screws really
    cant be sunk very deep.

As long as you are not going to be moving them around alot (e.g. taking them to a show) you are probably ok.

Hope this helps.

Dave
  • blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭
    I like it, but I agree with what 70ToppsFanatic says.
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
    1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
    1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)
  • KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    The boxes are nice, but they are not really "strong" in the sense that they are not built for moving around.
    The hinges seem to be cabinet hinges and the wood is probably about 1/4" thick, so the hinge screws really
    cant be sunk very deep.

As long as you are not going to be moving them around alot (e.g. taking them to a show) you are probably ok.

Hope this helps.

So putting them in a dryer to see how they hold up would be a no-no?
  • DtyDty Posts: 310 ✭✭
    I actually own a couple of the bbce boxes. I keep graded singles in one and the other box I have full of psa graded packs. I do not use the boxes to transport the items. but rather for safe keeping in my collection.
    They look great and fit the cards and packs perfectly.
    And you can't beat the price.
    Link to my eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/halftimecardsandcollectibles/

Unopened Boxes, Packs, Cards, and Tickets

Just send me a PM or email me for discount off eBay pricing. Thanks