Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A ~~~~~ HUGE~~~~ Thank You to Ironmanfan

What continues to make this hobby a wonderful escape from the "real" world is the ability of fellow collectors to make another smile and for this 40+ person to feel like a young kid again.

Bill (Ironmanfan) contacted me several months ago and said that he might be able to help me out with my 1st Homerun collection -- he said if I send his some of my customs that he would try and get them signed for me. Well as you can see he did. I received them the other day and the smile still has not faded.

imageimage

I have said it before in my other post that the amount of joy that has come from this project has been amazing -- the responses from the players, the 30 seconds I got to talk to Lee Smith about his HR and now a new level, a person goes out of his way to help me out with an amazing gift. Like I told Bill I hope to one day make his day the way he has made mine.

Thanks again Bill
Mike

Gary Carter Fans check out www.thekid8.com

Comments

• Options
    Awesome all around! Can you post some pics of your collection?
  • Options
  • Options
    thekid8thekid8 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Awesome all around! Can you post some pics of your collection? >>

I have a few image scans here

• Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    I love your custom cards and the autos look awesome. I wish Topps or Panini could make cards like that.
    Cal's auto is one of favorites, crisp and clear.

Joe
  • Options
    thekid8thekid8 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I love your custom cards and the autos look awesome. I wish Topps or Panini could make cards like that.
    Cal's auto is one of favorites, crisp and clear.

Joe >>

I agree --- since there are dozens of variations in sets today -- cards numbered to xxx depending on the color or other reasons - they could include, oh let's say, 1,000 cards of a player where 90% of the card can be used of a signature and make them with the "old time" cardboard -- if not players maybe logos or stadiums etc.....