Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Do you ever have card related dreams?

I never have before, until last night...

I dreamed I had a wax box of 1971 Topps Baseball cards (!!!) and I could see through the wrapper of the top pack that it had Nolan Ryan on top. I opened it (sorry Grote!) and had a perfectly mint Ryan card in my hand. I was all excited and showed it to my boss(?) who was like "Oh, okay" and carelessly dropped it down on the counter. And that was it. I assume that this was in my head because I've been searching for a nice '71 Garvey RC.

Anyone else?

2.5 is pretty much my speed.

Comments

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    oh yeah. there's been a few doozies.

it got really crazy when Michael Caine picked me up at the airport and brought me home.
  • Options
    I've had amazing dreams about pirates, but never cards, and never pirates cards.

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've had amazing dreams about pirates, but never cards, and never pirates cards. >>

'tis most strange dat dis subject be comin' up, an' dis scurvy dog Paul be sayin' dis to boot(y). Twas last nightfall I be havin' dis dream 'bout dis very card.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    strong Johnson
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    I've had the same VERY detailed dream on a few occasions about having the ability to travel back to the late 80s and purchasing several dozen cases of 1986 Fleer basketball and paying a storage facility 20+ years of rental fees

• Options
    Sometimes over a bottle 'o spiced rum i dream 'bout gettin' scurvy 'n i dream 'o large cannons 'n sharp swords 'n swashbuckling with me mate.
  • Options
    GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    Nope but i've gotten autographs during them lol (:
    Nathan Wagner
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sometimes over a bottle 'o spiced rum i dream 'bout gettin' scurvy 'n i dream 'o large cannons 'n sharp swords 'n swashbuckling with me mate. >>

you enjoy swordfights eh?
  • Options
    No, but I have had a number of dreams inspired by Juicy Honey trading cards. image

Snorto~
  • Options
    Thankfully, the obsession has not quite advanced that far for me yet.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    I was waiting for someone to post that they dreamed their wife/SO/spouse left them...

...it COULD be card related for some of the junkies around here.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Sometimes over a bottle 'o spiced rum i dream 'bout gettin' scurvy 'n i dream 'o large cannons 'n sharp swords 'n swashbuckling with me mate. >>

you enjoy swordfights eh? >>

'tis be true. took a tavern once in unsheathed sword fightin. One must be knowin' how to swordfight to plunder th' treasure
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've certainly had dreams about amazing unopened finds and also dreams leading into meeting up with someone for a buy, wondering what they may have. Unfortunately last night I dreamed I was on a conference call at work. I woke up with the annoying hold music in my head!
  • Options
    dude, you'll wish you had the one i had several years ago in the midst of a selling spree.....

imaginary person opens the rear doors of a van to expose nothing but '69 Topps Baseball cards in 800 count boxes.

it was a REALLY BIG van, too. image
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

you enjoy swordfights eh? >>

'tis be true. took a tavern once in unsheathed sword fightin. One must be knowin' how to swordfight to plunder th' treasure >>

lmao, say something else.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    wierdest thread ever
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Only since they came out with the Benchwarmer cards
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options

<< <i>wierdest thread ever >>

'tis only weird to th' untrained mind me bucko
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

Agreed
  • Options

<< <i>

Agreed >>

What in the hell did I just read through? I am completely confused
    75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thankfully, the obsession has not quite advanced that far for me yet. >>

+1.

No, more than 1. Plus a whole lot more than 1.
  • Options
    ok, las' nite i dreamt about going surfing @ County Line with a couple local babes and i awoke rigidimously.

ah, normalcy.