Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

LOL!!! I cant even imagine...8000 NMMT 1977 Topps Tommy John

First, I was like wow, 800 of one card, 1977 Topps Tommy John! Curious to know who the seller was, I clicked and noticed it was kruk cards so no surprise that they would have a lot like this. Then I was shocked to see they have TEN lots! That's 8000 of one card available! DANG! lol

Here

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    WOW! That's crazy.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    carrying that many Tommy John's around could cause an elbow injury.
  • Options
    Somebody should buy them all and have a public burning. Then whats left out there
    will have more value!!image
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    This would be a perfect time to start a Tommy John Collection.

• Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    Someone should alert Dr. Frank Jobe I imagine he might be a buyer

The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    That is way too many Tommy John's for one person to have.
  • Options
    Are you sure you aren't just in one of Bubblebathgirls erotic dreams......rolling in a bed covered in late 70's
  • Options
    He has more Johns than the Bunny Ranch image
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭

<< <i>carrying that many Tommy John's around could cause an elbow injury. >>

And then, of course, there's the irony of having to get Tommy John surgery to repair the damage.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I call a group rip. We all go in on this, get a few hundred each, then proceed to rip them once we receive them!
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what about this.
    Just stick them in the corner of your closet for a rainy day bust.
    Or you could build a house out of them.
  • Options
    1all1all Posts: 507 ✭✭✭
    I can picture the conversation back in 1988. HER: "You bought what??!!" HIM: "Don't worry honey, when Tommy John reaches 300 wins next year he'll be a sure fire HOFer. This is money in the bank!"
  • Options
    ExodusExodus Posts: 348 ✭✭✭
    There may someone here who would like to decorate his bar with those Tommy's.
  • Options
    funny stuff - this takes the term Man-crush to a whole new level
    75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!
  • Options
    If you're gonna build 8,000 '77 Topps sets, you're gonna need 8000 '77 Topps Tommy Johns.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    carrying that many Tommy John's around could cause an elbow injury.

Itzagoner, you post some of the funniest stuff. I love it.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>funny stuff - this takes the term Man-crush to a whole new level >>

The ironic thing is I was a big Tommy John collector in the 80s. He was a player that I happened to have most of his cards through his career. So I made it a goal to complete a Tommy John set (basic set in today's terminology). I sold my off condition 1961 Mantle and Maris cards along with a low grade 1956 Duke Snider so I could buy the 1967 Tommy John. I also used to always request Tri Star to bring him out to CA when they'd ask which autograph guest I'd like to see. They finally did so about 10 years ago. I'll have to dig up the picture of the signing and post it here. I followed his career near the end because it was amazing to me how he could toss slow curves up there and still get people out. I was really rooting for him to get to 300 wins so my collection would be worth a million dollars. LOL
  • Options
    well...I just checked my main 1977 psa set and realized that of the 7 cards I still need Tommy is one of them! image
    So I bought an 800 ct box, hopefully there is a 9 or 2 in there
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>funny stuff - this takes the term Man-crush to a whole new level >>

The ironic thing is I was a big Tommy John collector in the 80s. He was a player that I happened to have most of his cards through his career. So I made it a goal to complete a Tommy John set (basic set in today's terminology). I sold my off condition 1961 Mantle and Maris cards along with a low grade 1956 Duke Snider so I could buy the 1967 Tommy John. I also used to always request Tri Star to bring him out to CA when they'd ask which autograph guest I'd like to see. They finally did so about 10 years ago. I'll have to dig up the picture of the signing and post it here. I followed his career near the end because it was amazing to me how he could toss slow curves up there and still get people out. I was really rooting for him to get to 300 wins so my collection would be worth a million dollars. LOL >>

Interesting - I forgot about his slooow curve. I wonder who would have won a race to the plate T. John or Frank Tanana in his later years. It was the same thing with Tanana after he blew out his arm, I would always wonder how he actually got guys out or struck out guys by surprising them with his 81 MPH "fastball"