Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

Stockholm Royal Coin Cabinet

This is a remarkable exhibit directly across from the Palace. Thousands upon thousands of world coins -- impressive silver and gold coins. Lots of copper plate money, including what they claim is the largest coin in the world (around 19 kg copper plate money). If in Stockholm, it's a must see.

http://www.myntkabinettet.se/web/English.aspx

Comments

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you mint to post this in the non-BST forum, but having been there I had my appetite whetted for collecting Swedish plate money and gold. It is indeed well worth a visit, as is the whole city of Stockholm. Stockholm is very pedestrian friendly with great car free shopping districts and lots of awesome museums - the Vasa is amazing too.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    I bid $10 USD :S

• << <i>I think you mint to post this in the non-BST forum, but having been there I had my appetite whetted for collecting Swedish plate money and gold. It is indeed well worth a visit, as is the whole city of Stockholm. Stockholm is very pedestrian friendly with great car free shopping districts and lots of awesome museums - the Vasa is amazing too. >>

Forgive me for the wrong forum. Jet=lag. Yes Vasa is AMAZING!