Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What do I have & What the heck am I going to do with it?

This is not what I collect but I did run across it in a local auction & picked it up for $18. I beleive they are from 1979 but I remember that Topps used those wrappers for other years also, so I am not sure. The cello has been ripped in front but not far enough that any packs could be taken out or put in, but the back cardboard has a small tear which leads me to beleive that this grocery pack may have had some rough times! So, how do I tell exactly what year these are & considering condition, should I rip or what?

Comments

• Options
    ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    Ah....1979 Topps FB Wax tray. I've busted a lot of those the last few years. Some of the red plastic grocery racks from 1980 have the '80 cards in the '79 wrappers. I haven't seen a wax tray with '79 wrappers containing '80 cards. Not saying they don't exist, but I've yet to run across one and I've busted a lot of those. That's a great pickup for $18. I think they are(were) in the $45 range at BBCE.

If you want to unload it, shoot me a PM.

Take care!

• Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    Nice pick up for $18 (last bunch I bought about 3 years ago...I paid $25 to sell for $30-35)

If it was me, I wouldn't open it. I am obviously in the minority but you are only getting a couple dollars worth of cards unless you get a Campbell.