Home Precious Metals
Options

Where can one sell gold leaf?

Can anyone tell me who pays fair prices for gold leaf?

Please visit Dave Wnuck Numismatics LLC at DaveWcoins.com

Comments

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More info?

Gold leaf is essentially worthless unless you're talking a quantity enough to warrant smelting--say 1/4 of an ounce. That's not including backing paper, we're talking just the leaf alone.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sell it to artists.
  • Options

<< <i>Sell it to artists. >>

I would guess there is probably 2+ ounces worth, net of backing paper and the ziplock bag it is in. Just a guess, as my scale only goes up to 75 grams, and it seems to be significantly over that (including the bag and the backing paper).

How would I go about selling it to artists?

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there's a festival or gallery you could ask around there. Tattoo shop, custom bike or hot rod shop, all good places to find folks who would buy, or know folks who will. I don't use it, but I know a couple of my art folks that do.
  • Options

<< <i>If there's a festival or gallery you could ask around there. Tattoo shop, custom bike or hot rod shop, all good places to find folks who would buy, or know folks who will. I don't use it, but I know a couple of my art folks that do. >>

Thanks DrBuster.