Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Where best to sell this

I saw the other post about selling so thought Id start my own.

I got a large group of coins from a friend in Latvia and as going through the bunch I was able to idenify quite a few but some I hadnt seen before. This is one of those

My question is where best to sell these. Slabbed? Send to auction house as is? Ive never sent anything off to auction before so quite new to me.
1765 Kurland 3 Grochen. I see high prices with this piece and all have problems(more so then mine)

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For esoteric world coins, nothing matches the global coverage of eBay, IMHO.

Whether you wanted to go through the trouble of slabbing it or not is up to you.

I'd sell it myself on eBay, though. Consigning it to an auction house only creates middlemen and cuts into your bottom line.

The only time I'd recommend an auction house would be if it were REALLY rare, or a really popular issue, I guess.

Jeremy Katz, aka "Airplanenut", does eBay consignments, if you're not in the mood to go through all the rigamarole yourself. Plus he's an excellent photographer, so consigning it to him for a modest fee might be worth it?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another vote for Jeremy.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do have a well established ebay store. I just dont material like this often and mostly wanted some help finding out where it might bring the most. Ebay sounds like it might be my best option.
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    Find out what the value is based on previous auctions and sales. List your item as a buy it now with a best offer and let it sit in your ebay store for a month. If someone wants it then you will get offers. -Dan