Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

How to sell these?

Hello,

soon I'm getting married so I'm selling all my coins which I'm not interested any more.

I put coins on eBay, but for some rare coins there is no interest:

25 ore 1967 Denmark

Like this rare Denmark coin, only few views per week.

And I put some rare king Otto 5 lepta coins low below catalog price, it have lots of views but no bids [image] Is it greek market for coins that down?

5 lepta 1840

5 lepta 1851

5 lepta 1848

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,213 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Greek market is indeed in a slump. No doubt repercussions of the economy as a whole.

I just took a hit on some Cyprus coins, which were white-hot not so long ago. My auctions got plenty of bidders but on a couple of them, the coins did not reach my cost. That's the risk one takes in a true auction, though. I still think true auctions can be good because they draw in more bidders.

Dimitri, aka SYRACUSIAN, can advise you better on those Ottos.

As to rare Danish, I just had good luck on one, but since I cherrypicked it out of a bulk bag for maybe ten or 25 cents, it could go nowhere but up.

Interesting to see an old school member who's senior even to me come out of the woodwork. I haven't seen the old "hippie" avatar in a long time.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Is the 1967 25-ore rare? I guess it must be. I was unfamiliar with it if so. I get a lot of Danish from this era in bulk bags but haven't paid attention to the key dates. That 1876 2-ore key I recently sold has awakened me a little. But it was a 19th century piece so I was paying more attention to it. Had it been a modern key, I might never have noticed.

One bit of advice I have as an eBay veteran is not to let yourself get too bummed out in what I call the "Mid Auction Doldrums". There's that period when your item is no longer a new listing but not yet a final day listing, when it's buried deeper in the category pages and people are less likely to notice it. It's the slower time, of course.

The final day, and particularly the final hour and last few seconds, are when the real action happens. You've got some opening bids so that is reassuring. Look at the number of watchers you have and page hits, and that can be an indicator of how likely your item is to jump dramatically at snipertime.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    He, he I must change that Avatar.

This 25 ore 1967 from Denmark is rare because it have not hole. That year 1967 there are minted two types of 25 ore: without hole(old type) and with hole(new type). It have catalog price 35$ in UNC condition.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on your upcoming marriage! imageimage

Already you have gotten some great advice. If you are in a hurry, avoid "doldrums" days with short auctions (1-day, or 3-day auction).

I will finish with some of the best advice I ever got - which was from Dimitri, aka SYRACUSIAN - about auctions. Basically, at the end of the day, the sum is all that matters. If you make profits, it does not matter that one sold above catalog while another sold under catalog. Only the sum matters. Of course Dimitri said it more poetically but you get the idea image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options

<< <i>He, he I must change that Avatar.

This 25 ore 1967 from Denmark is rare because it have not hole. That year 1967 there are minted two types of 25 ore: without hole(old type) and with hole(new type). It have catalog price 35$ in UNC condition. >>

Of course. I'm more used to seeing the holed type.

Looks like you're almost up near catalog price on that, with more than six days left. No cause for lament there, I think.

No need to change the avatar. It marks you as one of the early members. The much-respected Conder101 also used that avatar for a long time.

As to LOCHNess' advice (hmm... I mean LochNESS- I always get the capitalization wrong)- you could indeed go with 1-day or 3-day auctions if you want your money faster. But less time at auction means less chance of the right number of eyes looking at it. I myself have gone to 10-day auctions lately.

See? Another vote of confidence for Dimitri/SYRACUSIAN. It will be interesting to see what he has to say about the Greek coins.

• Options
    I have a bid on Denmark coin image
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    Edit your title to say, "How to sell these Greek coins?" This will attract the Grecian guy. image

...or, just shoot him a PM
  • Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ante,
    in your Feebay listing you are
    NOT TELLING THE STORY !!!!!!!!!!!, either in the title, nor in the description...
    How is the world to know
    , the hole etc... NO hole etc...
    YOU might know, and a few others... BUT the Feebay world does not!!!
    I checked MA-Shops and could not find one like yours....
    Most bidding will happen in the last minute, probably seconds
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Under different circumstances, I'd have made you a straight offer for the three. Now however, my suggestion is to disregard current Krause prices that were and still are out of touch (they will be seriously lower in the next edition, especially in circulated grades) and sell them no reserve, starting the auctions at $0.99. All 3 dates are scarce , (the 1948 especially is very tough) and your asking prices are in the affordable range, so unless any of these sells as is, relist them at $0.99 start no reserve and hope for the best. They might close higher than your current starting prices. Congrats on getting married.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Here's an example why ebayers do not like any starting price above one dollar.

This 1828 10 lepta PCGS XF40 was listed for a month or two at $415 with no takers.

1828 10L PCGS XF40 fixed price listing

When the seller (liberty.coin) decided to list it no reserve ,$0.99 start, it reached $4 above his initial asking price (~$419):

Same coin, no reserve, $0.99 start
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    I better check my box of 1967 coins (my mother was born that year so I tend to throw everything with that date in a box for fun). Might actually have it.

• Options
    Thanks fellows for advices. I hope to reach amount of 1000$ to pay a wedding band. image
  • Options
    Hello,

Denmark and one Greece coin have gone, other two Greece coins starts on 0.99$. Wish me luck image
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got you started on the Greek coins.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don