Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1969 Topps Basketball cards

So my dad gave me a 3 ring binder chock full of 1969 Topps tall boy basketball cards, 100 total. I would attach an image but i don't think I can.
So I jumped on EBAY and scored a bag of card saver III's.
I have been stuffing these dudes in and they are in very good shape. They look to be about 7 to 8 in grade but the centering isn't that great on many of them. Pretty upset about that.

I'de say the Wilt is a 6 and Lew is a 5-6.

What do you dudes think...... spend $650 to get these things graded? I think its about a 75% full set and it with a little work it might snap me in the top 20 registry.

There are a bunch of doubles and triples so I could trade with people who have sets and need cards. The checklist is completely tuned up with x's so I'll be lining my hampster cage with that thing.

Pretty sweet that my dad has all the Mickey Mantle cards too (except the rookies, obviously) and stamped his name on the 53 topps and 55 bowman.

Nice job dad.
Nothing sweeter than leap froggin' someone on the set registry.

Comments

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    IMO getting an 8 for a common is worth it. Getting below an 8 for wilt, alcindor, and havlichek as welll as the CL is still ok.
    In no case get a marked CL graded.
    anything else probably isn't worth the grading fees. Even psa 7's of hof rc's don't really get that much $.

If you want graded use the raw as trade material.

Either way it's one of the best sports card sets ever produced.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets