Home PSA Set Registry Forum

SMR Way Off

Any reason why this is so far off , especially on grade 8 and 9 vintage products?

Comments

• 19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    It is just a guide to help collectors buy and sell.
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • It is? high or low? I use that thing like a bible when I go get myself cards on ebay.
    Nothing sweeter than leap froggin' someone on the set registry.
  • If you see something obvious, let them know. I e-mail them all the time.
  • From the PSA site

"Pricing can be a very difficult task, especially where the market experiences swings. At SMR, we do our very best to reflect market conditions and work hard to add more and more pricing each and every month. Accuracy is very important to us. Input from you is crucial. We scour auctions, talk to dealers and collectors every week and travel to shows looking for updates but we can never have enough input. Please, if you feel that a particular set has been overlooked or that certain cards need price adjustments, let us know. You can e-mail input direct to joe@collectors.com for review. We appreciate your help."

• Auction results can be all over the map so it may seem like prices are off.
    Ultimately, collectors set the price and SMR tracks it, not the other way around. There are some cards that I can never find for SMR prices as they are rising in value. Conversely, there are some that are easy to find for SMR price if their value is dropping.
  • I would strongly suggest you find the website VCP (vintage card prices)...they track the sales of PSA cards and will give you the most recent averages of prices paid for most cards in most grades. It is invaluable for anyone who is actually serious in building high end sets
    75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!