Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Guess the grade of these Commems:


Fresh from PCGS:

image

image

image

Comments

  • Options
    I like your Beaver!
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll venture a 67,67, and 65. All great looking commem's!!!
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    66
    66
    64
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    mommam17mommam17 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭
    all 65's
  • Options
    erickso1erickso1 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭
    I was leaning 65's across the board, but I think the Columbian is in the 64 camp the more I look at it.
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    64
    65
    58
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭


    << <i>66
    66
    64 >>



    That was my guess as well.

    -Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 20,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bay Bridge 65
    Albany 65
    Columbian 63
  • Options
    66
    67
    64

    nice commems!
  • Options
    richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    67
    67
    64
  • Options
    Well I just had these graded. Both the Bay Bridge and Albany were PCGS MS65. I thought they were both MS66. Pluse the Bay Bridge had a green CAC sticker. Well the the damn Bay Bridge came back MS64!. I dont see a flaw on it!

    The Albany came back ast the same grade. MS65.

    The Columbian came back MS63.

    Im pissed about the Bay Bridge.
  • Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
    66
    66
    59
  • Options
    mommam17mommam17 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about the very disappointing results.
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭


    << <i>Well I just had these graded. Both the Bay Bridge and Albany were PCGS MS65. I thought they were both MS66. Pluse the Bay Bridge had a green CAC sticker. Well the the damn Bay Bridge came back MS64!. I dont see a flaw on it!

    The Albany came back ast the same grade. MS65.

    The Columbian came back MS63.

    Im pissed about the Bay Bridge. >>





    My sympathy on that. I was thinking a 67 on the bridge bridge or at least 66 based on the pic. I almost always seem to judge higher than PCGS graders. Every now an then I am pleased with the outcome. Sure would be nice if they would explain the basis of their decision.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless the Bay Bridge and Albany have hairlines or something not seen in the pics, I don't see them as 65 coins. I can't discern a single contact mark on either! Sorry for the results. I have been there in a similiar situation. Regards
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guesses were 66/65/63 (then I looked up the cert #s). I'd be interested to know what they saw on the Bay Bridge. There's obviously some problem that the photos don't show weoll. Are there hairlines? Is the luster not so great???
  • Options
    Everything is great baout the Bay Bridge. I saw no hairlines. The luster is amazing too.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comparing your Bay Bridge and mine I think I see yours as a slightly weaker strike but not much just a little in the collar hair on the bear. And I am surprised the Columbian made MS looks a lot like the AU58's I have had.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still Nice. Sorry you did not get the grades you wanted. image


    Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    Seems like on of those coins you could resubmit and see the grades go up or down 2 points based on the grader. I figure you are sitting on the bottom of the range right now.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    KoveKove Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭✭
    Before I looked at the results, my guesses were 65 65 64 (you didn't leave much time for us West-Coasters to guess before you posted the answers!).

    The Bay Bridge should easily make 65 again, but it looks too "dipped" for a 66.

    The problem is there's not enough spread in any of these Commem grades to justify additional grading fees.
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Well I just had these graded. Both the Bay Bridge and Albany were PCGS MS65. I thought they were both MS66. Pluse the Bay Bridge had a green CAC sticker. Well the the damn Bay Bridge came back MS64!. I dont see a flaw on it!

    Im pissed about the Bay Bridge. >>


    Bummer about the downgrade. I would suggest that since PCGS and JA saw the coin as [not 66], it
    was a bit cavalier to crack it and hope for that grade. Probably would have made more sense
    to try a regrade on that coin.
  • Options
    Yea from the photos the bay bridge looks very solid, and better than a 64. I think you did we'll on the Columbian ,I would have guessed 58.
    Home of the ehew ehew bird!
  • Options
    66,66,64
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    saw the results before I entered an opinion-

    The Bay Bridge may be alittle washed out either in the picture or in reality

    The Albany looks 66

    The Columbian- and please don't be mad looks as if it was graded reasonably.

    Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file