Home Testing Forum
Options

Grading poll draft

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
This coin is a potential purchase for my new 19th century VF-XF Basic Type Set.

As of this initial post, it is not yet a new purchase and really just under consideration.

A few days ago, I got this PM:

<< <i>HI i have a 1914 D barber 25c I think you might like for your type set! I can email you pictures if you would like. Also you can put it up as a gtg if you would like, Im kind of curious what others think of it. >>

So the seller is a forum member, but doesn't mind me doing a poll thread. Cool. I responded:

<< <i>Thanks! Sounds interesting. I was really sort of hoping to do an 1890s date for all my Barbers (in keeping with the whole 19th century theme), but I suppose if one has the right look, I could be persuaded, maybe. >>

So there 'tis. He emailed pictures, and now we have a poll thread.

My initial impressions? I like the coin's general look, but whether I should move on this one or hold out for an 1890s-dated one with the look I like, we'll see. "CircCam" contrast is not terribly difficult to find on Barber coins. That being said, this one does seem to have particularly nice contrast in the toning.

Larger obverse picture

Larger reverse picture

PCGS/Photograde standards

Index of similar grading poll threads like this

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.