Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Come On PCGS. What the Heck is This ??

FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
Bought This that was Suppose to Be a Gift to a Forumn Member. HELL !!! I would Not send this to My WORST Enemy.
    Whats the Deal with Putting a 66 Grade on a Coin that is this Frigin Ugly ? Can You tell I am Just a Little Disturbed ??
      AL: Still Do Not Buy a 37P. I will Find One and Get it to You. You Sure Are Not going to Get this Piece of Crap !!!
        Later Guys: Ken

Comments

• Options
          supercoinsupercoin Posts: 2,323
          With a little imagination, it kinda looks like a spider web, could be valuable with the upcoming movie! image

It's likely a print that showed up after slabbing, not PCGS' fault (unless it's their print, which is entirely possible). Either way PCGS will make good on it, though it's not likely worth the time/postage unless you can drop it off at a show.

A better question is why didn't the seller tell you about that? Send that puppy back.
        • Options
          Looks like a dirty finger print on the coin or the holder....
        • Options
          gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
          Wow,
          If it wasen't for that print it would be a beauty,that surley was not from a person we know.And you dont need to recip,just send me your wifes car,and a few pine trees which i missimageimage.And please dont get the sap on the carimage.Later Al
        • Options
          This White Milky Residue I have Seen on a Lot of Blast White Mercury Dimes. It Cannot be Seen most of the time with Eyes like Mine. As soon as you put a 5 Power Glass to the Coin it Shows up or if You take a Picture with a Digital Camera it Shows. Maybe PCGS should take a Picture to Detect some of this Garbage !!!
            Heres Another Couple Below. Take a Look at these Slugs Also.
              Actually I think PCGS needs to TAKE CARE of these Problems with Blast White Dipped Coins.
                Now You see why I Like Moderately Toned Coins !!image
              1. Options
                LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
                It probably wasnt on the coin when it was graded. The only way they could prevent such things from happening would be to hold submissions for two or three months. That wouldnt be too kosher either.

David
              2. Options
                I actually kind of like that 41D dime...it kind of has a matte-proof look to it.
              3. Options
                Fairlane,
                How easy or hard to add all the pictures? Im new to that area any help would be appreciated.
              4. Options
                SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
                Fairlaneman that is one ugly coin! The finger print is a good press... very bold. How much for just the finger print? image
                Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
              5. Options
                BIG BUCKS !!! Spooly BIG BUCKS !!!
                  Bcsican:
                    Will get Back to You after I settle Down Some.image
                      And This Coin Gets a 63 ?? Hog Wash !!!
                        No More Ranting Today.image
                      1. Options
                        Could you 'run' the fingerprint and when you find the guy, hit him in the head for being F***** stupid and ruining such a beautiful coin.

BTW I had a Texas commem, a real GEM Blazer with a portion of a fingerprint on the reverse. PCGS graded it 66 also.

OH NO, not the dipimage
                      2. Options
                        itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
                        WHo did you buy it from that failed to mention the print?
                        Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
                      3. Options
                        boiler78boiler78 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
                        I wonder if the Newport Beach police ran the print against the prints from the grading room....... HMMMMM??image
                      4. Options
                        man that is a great fingerprint, hmm I bet we could even find out who made it. thru the police department. ahahahahahah.

um sorry just kidding.
                        may the force be with you.

rob.
                      5. Options
                        DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
                        That coin USED to be a 66. I would send it back to PCGS and let them know they fingerprinted the coin.... and owe you for it.
                        Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
                      6. Options
                        Ken,
                        Put the top down and take a nice drive and smell the pines,Mt rainer is gorgious and stop at the copper kettleimage for some home made pie.Al
                      7. Options
                        AL:
                          Being From Oregon I am more Partial to This Mountain. Mt. Rainier is Pretty but My Favorite in the NorthWest is Oregon's Mt Hood.image Big Firs Shown here. Go Another 30 or 40 Miles East of where this was taken and You Run into the Big Pines.
                            You are Very Right nothing Like a Drive in the Cascades for Relaxation.
                              Ken
                            1. Options
                              I have some pictures of myself and a few friends and in the back is a huge water fall,and i cant remember where it's located.1964image.Al
                            2. Options
                              Hey Ken,

Another example of their inconsistancies (unless, of course they put the print there)! image
                              See the CAM/DCAM thread for my delema.

Spent some time up there a few years ago. My wife has an aunt/uncle living outside of Portland. Timberland Lodge is awesome! "The Three Sisters" and that river that starts out the side of a mountain. Beautiful area!
                              How many different rain jackets do you have?!? image

Regards,

Don

"printless" Winged Liberty and
                              FULL Heads RULE!
                            3. Options
                              OK, you PCGS bashers, listen up:

1. I'm virtually certain that print was not visible like that when the coin was slabbed.
                              2. I'm virtually certain PCGS would "make it right" if that coin was presented for a downgrade.
                              3. The seller is the guy who should be catching the heat on this deal.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to bash PCGS. image This isn't one of them.
                            4. Options
                              SuperCoin:
                                If this Was a ISOLATED instance I would have Said Nothing. This Is Not a Isolated instance so I am Speaking My Piece. Was Not Intended to Be a Bash on PCGS but was Intended to Bring the Problem to Collectors Attention.
                                  In My mind I Cannot Blame the Seller for Something PCGS Slabbed. Maybe the Seller Missed the Problem but I sure in the Heck Did Not because I bought the Coin as a Gift and wanted to make Damn Sure it was Nice Enough to Send Off.
                                    You would Not See this Problem on a Scarce Date coin because PCGS pays more Attention to them. The Only thing I would Like to See is PCGS paying Attention to All Coins they Grade.
                                      Take Care: Ken
                                        imageimage
                                          Hey Don:
                                            No Rain Jackets.image I am RUST PROOF !!! Thick SKIN Protects Me Most of the Time.image But Once in awhile Something Does Get Under the Thick Skin.image
                                          1. Options
                                            tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
                                            Only virtually certain???? image
                                          2. Options
                                            In My mind I Cannot Blame the Seller for Something PCGS Slabbed

Hmmm.... has your e-mail been flooded with dealer offers to sell you coins yet? image

I don't see how you can blame PCGS for something that was very likely beyond their control, especially if they'll make it right. They slab millions of coins, certainly there are going to be a bunch out there with problems missed before or after slabbing.

Unfortunately the lower-priced problem coins are more likely to stay in the holders -- if that was a $10,000 coin somebody would have already taken care of the problem.

TradeDollarNut, yep, virtually certain on both counts, particularly the regrade guarantee. Want to bet $500 whether PCGS would take care of that coin for him -- either downgrading or removing the print? Winner gives him $100 to make it more worthwhile for him to send it in. Whaddya say? image
                                          3. Options
                                            OK !! When I get a Couple of things out of the way I'll package up the 4 Merc's I have that show this same Problem and send them to PCGS just to see what they Will Do. Maybe I could Email them Pictures of the Coins and ask them what they could do about the Problem. Do You think they would Respond to the Email ??
                                              In any event We will see one way or the Other.image
                                                No Email's from Dealers either. Darn and I wanted All of the Problem Coins I could get My hands On.image