Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1982 Wrestling All Stars Series A #30 The Chrusher....

This is one of the toughest cards in the set. At this time there has only been one example grade PSA 9 Mint and there are none higher.

It has never been for sale the entire time I have collected these cards and remains elusive.

This is a very sharp example and I want to see what you guys would grade this card. I have other PSA 8's but this one stands out to me.

Here are the scans.

Please rip this card apart if you want. I am considering trying to get this graded again and want honest harsh opinions.

Comments

• Options
    Wow, I had idea the singer from Accept was pulling double duty as a fake wrestler! Does he wear a camo outfit when he wrestles too?
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    That's a great visualization of centering!
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Please rip this card apart if you want. I am considering trying to get this graded again and want honest harsh opinions. >>

I think there are a few things keeping it from a 9 considering what I see is actually on the card.

The dark dot to the left of his head.

A scratch under his chin on his neck.

A scratch on the left border towards the bottom but I think that is on the slab. Not sure though.

Also, Crusher appears to have combination skin and a case of Rosacea going on. I hope he sees a dermatologist.
  • Options
    David can you imagine how popular Superstar would be today if he were in his prime now?

He was ahead of his time.
  • Options
    Yes Superstar Billy Graham was awesome.

This is by far one of my favorite promo's ever and he clearly paved the way with this one.

Superstar
  • Options
    It has been a while since one of these came up for auction. There remains only one PSA 9.

PSA 8

• Options
    PSA 8

I looked at this copy last night and thought it was nice. Obviously someone else did too.

• Options
    The freshly graded PSA 9 is up on EBAY.

PSA 9

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The freshly graded PSA 9 is up on EBAY.

PSA 9 >>

It is finally here!

Does yours have a line down the nose?
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The freshly graded PSA 9 is up on EBAY.

PSA 9 >>

It is finally here!

Does yours have a line down the nose? >>

I don't believe so. I had to check and see how many I have and it is 5 PSA 8's. I didn't realize it was that many.

The card in the original post looks very close to as nice and might be. The centering is a little high on the top of the PSA 9 but perhaps the surface is better.

Either way it is going to get some action for sure.

• Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭
    I love your devotion to this set. These are always great threads.

I love the name: "The Crusher"

I thought he was robbed when he lost the title
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    The Crusher had a song written about him

Link
  • Options
    1all1all Posts: 507 ✭✭✭
    In my mind, there is only one Crusher:

-Doug (1all)
  • Options
    Interesting music video. The cartoon character makes an appearance at the end too.

It is my understanding that he was extremely strong with a reported bench press north of 500+ pounds.

The Chrusher

WP Article
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    It's really hard to tell in that case, but it looks like the back edges are the number one thing keeping that card in an 8 holder. The PSA 9 on eBay has great edges. Hope you can pick it up at a good price!
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    Holy smokes $1026
  • Options
    You win some and you lose some.

That is what you call two nuclear bids colliding.

The seller did well on this card but left money on the table. Probstein needs to stagger the auctions. I knew I was going to get stretched hard on this one but would have gone after a few of the other cards once I realized I lost my primary target.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You win some and you lose some.

That is what you call two nuclear bids colliding.

The seller did well on this card but left money on the table. Probstein needs to stagger the auctions. I knew I was going to get stretched hard on this one but would have gone after a few of the other cards once I realized I lost my primary target. >>

Yep, you still have the $1000 in your pocket and you would have went after the other all stars......maybe you should be thanking Rick because you really did not NEED the others........
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

I check the pop reports everyday and the third PSA 9 The Crusher hit. I haven't had an upgrade this year for my 82 A set and the last one was at the end of December last year. I am obviously hopefully this card surfaces and I get a shot at it.

• Options

Yes!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172456743374

Had put in a nuclear bid and no final bid came in. So excited to add this to my set and probably just as excited that the person who owns the other copy didn't snipe and drive the price of this card to the moon.