Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Czech NEWP

1955 10 Year Liberation Anniversary

Comments

• Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Very cool! My grandmother immigrated from Krk, Yugoslavia so I'm partial to coins from that region. Are you interested in that country for sentimental reasons?

Here's one of mine: (1977) 100 Korun, Death of Vaclav Hollar, KM-88, top pop @ PR66DCAM

ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That 10-yr anniversary theme seems more to me like "out of the frying pan and into the fire" theme instead...

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    kruegerkrueger Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Czech coins are tough. I think the two world wars and the soviet occupation took its toll on specie.

My great grand parents came from there. I looked for them for awhile, but not many of the good dates around.

The US dealers sell mainly the gold dukats. The czech dealers I have found
    don't have any of the scarce dates either.

There are a number of real good dates / rare dates ,but I have never seen but a few for sale.

Czechoslovakia has quite a history of turmoil trying to keep their democracy with everyone wanting to occupy them
    and impose their own rule.

Krueger

• Options

<< <i>Are you interested in that country for sentimental reasons? >>

No sentimental reasons. Just liked the design and wanted to add a Czech coin to my crown collection. It is a pretty low mintage coin (75,000) and 22,000 or so were melted my the national bank in 1999. Plus I picked it up for just over $30
  • Options
    ColinCMRColinCMR Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭
    I like Czech/Slovak coins too, very cool, and tough to find nice ones for sure

Cool design! the obverse has a look to it that really fits my imagination of things from that time and space