Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

AUSTRALIA. 2009 $1 Kangaroo at Sunset Silver Both

If you are reading this, they are still for sale!

AUSTRALIA. 2009 $1 Kangaroo at Sunset - 1oz Silver F12 Privy PROOF Mintage of only 5,000! - $149 Shipped to anywhere on the US mainland

AUSTRALIA. 2009 $1 Kangaroo at Sunset - 1oz Silver F12 Privy BUSINESS Mintage of only 7,000! - $99 Shipped to anywhere on the US mainland

If you don't like them, get them back to me within 7 days no questions asked.

Business:

Proof:
Top is actualy coin. Bottom is stock photo the box & COA.

Comments

• bump
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird design. In an interesting, modernistic sorta way, I mean. Very stark and minimalistic. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I'm more used to seeing it on coins from places like Israel or Belgium.

The design "works" far better on the proof than the business strike, I think, where you can tell that the stretched out thing is the 'roo's shadow.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • I agree. The proof is probably one of favorite modern designs. It makes a bold artistic statement without being gaudy. They sell out really fast and unlike most moderns they are not as common as dirt. I don't see any '06 '07 '08 for sale on eBay even in the history and here are both.