Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Does your grading opinion for your own coins change occasionally, or are you consistent?

jedmjedm Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
I find that it is not uncommon for me to disagree with myself from time to time, how about you?

Comments

  • Options
    For...umm...balance perhaps I am getting harsher! imageimage
    I suspect it is my 44 years, but I think, in some ways, things around me move faster than I.

    Eric
  • Options
    SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, in fact as I learn more about the nuance of specific mints or die conditions it effects my opinion comparing to past years.

    Point in question, I am a die hard photo grade fan but that standard is conservative for many series now so quite often I am a grade lower
    in my opinion then the actual market grade.

    New Orleans barber material is another area where one needs to use a bit of dexterity there are factors that can often effect the grade more so then other mints.

    This forum has this invaluable resource of experts and specialist in specific series and the willingness to share that knowledge.
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you become more knowledgeable, you will likely disagree with your "earlier self" more often.
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file