Options
Care to grade this bust half ?
PCGS bound one of these days soon.....What do you think it'll grade ?
Will they recognise this as one of the many poorly struck varieties in the series or not ?

Will they recognise this as one of the many poorly struck varieties in the series or not ?

0
Comments
<< <i>I think 15 to 20 and that is adjusted for the weakness. They are used to seeing that bald wing. >>
I agree. Leaning toward 20.
Most all 1811's have weak relief due to die wear and perhaps hard planchets. PCGS knows this.
Lance.
A weak strike probably contributed some of the lack-of-detail, but it has still circulated heavily. If the eagle's right wing weren't as sharp as it is, I'd have said F15.
Nice originality, though!
<< <i>I'm hoping it'll go 20...but I completely agree that it may come back 15. Because that's what I would grade it... >>
It all comes down to whether PCGS thinks the lack of detail was caused more from genuine circulation wear or just a poor strike.
I wouldn't be surprised if it came back 15, but I wouldn't be surprised if it came back a 20 either.
Keep us updated if you ever send her out!
Nice circulated example.
See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
In the VF range...nice original piece
Successful BST deals with mustangt and jesbroken. Now EVERYTHING is for sale.
Nice coin.
<< <i>15. If I sent it in 15. If the folks I buy from sent it in, 15. If the raw guys list it for sale, 25. >>
This, very much....picked it up as a VF+, with pics that had me hoping that perhaps it would be !
Well, it was probably a bit overgraded...but it was under attributed at least ! Bought as a regular 1811, so I think I'll be OK
<< <i>I will say F-18.