Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1854 Cent Just back from PCGS

WindycityWindycity Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
Happy with the grade on this 1854 Cent - Note repunched date as well.

image
image
image
<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mullencoins.com">Mullen Coins Website - Windycity Coin website

Comments

  • Options
    richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    Nice Cent! Congrats.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice coin. congrats on the repunched date and grade
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    image
    Becky
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. I sure wish the TPGs did BN - BR - RB - RD as the possible designations for copper
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 12,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow - nice one!
    Successful BST transactions with 177 members. breakdown, scotty1419, mattniss, bigjpst, onlyroosies, Manorcourtman, guitarwes, Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice coin image

    GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options


    << <i>Very nice. I sure wish the TPGs did BN - BR - RB - RD as the possible designations for copper >>




    Hi TDN,


    I was thinking the same thinking only simpler - BnRd and RdBn - for the majority this might be feasible? But your four are perfect. image


    Eric
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 12,174 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i> I sure wish the TPGs did BN - BR - RB - RD as the possible designations for copper >>


    I agree - I have an 1874 IHC that is all bright red, but for a trace of iridescent light green tone on the left side of the rev....but all the experts I showed it to said it would grade R/B because of this image

    Successful BST transactions with 177 members. breakdown, scotty1419, mattniss, bigjpst, onlyroosies, Manorcourtman, guitarwes, Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 30,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorgeous coin!


    Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BustCudsBustCuds Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭


    Awesome Large Cent...congrats image
  • Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yikes! That is beautiful! So, if they did have such a designation, would this be a BR or a RB? As spectacular as it is, it does not look to me to be more than 50% red.

    Tom

  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Very nice, I'd expect it should sell quick.

    Just curious about the pop as it says N/A?
  • Options
    Very nice
  • Options
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    GeminiGemini Posts: 3,085 ✭
    This coin makes 150 years look like it was just a blink in time.
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i> I sure wish the TPGs did BN - BR - RB - RD as the possible designations for copper >>


    I agree - I have an 1874 IHC that is all bright red, but for a trace of iridescent light green tone on the left side of the rev....but all the experts I showed it to said it would grade R/B because of this image >>


    I'm not seeing how TDN's suggestions would make a difference in the grade of your RB. We already have RD designation. When I read TDN's post, I thought he was implying this coin deserved a BR because we already have BN, RB and RD.

    My opinion: a great coin! It's gorgeous. The only coppers I have that is this red and this old / older were cleaned (before I got my hands on them).
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

    Amat Colligendo Focum

    Top 10 • FOR SALE

    image
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 12,174 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>I'm not seeing how TDN's suggestions would make a difference in the grade of your RB. We already have RD designation. When I read TDN's post, I thought he was implying this coin deserved a BR because we already have BN, RB and RD. >>


    I thought I was agreeing with TDN, as I thought he was implying we needed to add a color classification. Right now a coin like mine with no 'brown' whatsoever is getting lumped into the same color classification as those that are more than 50% brown.....do I really care? Not really, as the market ultimately decides value. But if we are delineating grades like 64, 64+, and 65, then maybe we need more than three color classifications for MS copper.
    Successful BST transactions with 177 members. breakdown, scotty1419, mattniss, bigjpst, onlyroosies, Manorcourtman, guitarwes, Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice! Congrats!
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 24,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice!
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

    I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i>I'm not seeing how TDN's suggestions would make a difference in the grade of your RB. We already have RD designation. When I read TDN's post, I thought he was implying this coin deserved a BR because we already have BN, RB and RD. >>


    I thought I was agreeing with TDN, as I thought he was implying we needed to add a color classification. Right now a coin like mine with no 'brown' whatsoever is getting lumped into the same color classification as those that are more than 50% brown.....do I really care? Not really, as the market ultimately decides value. But if we are delineating grades like 64, 64+, and 65, then maybe we need more than three color classifications for MS copper. >>


    Yes, I see now what you were saying. Well, often a coin is marked down from 65 to 64 (for example) due to a single factor like a toning spot on the center of the bust face, or a single blemish in the rev field. It's hard to say what your coin would grade with additional categories... even if we had BN / BR / RB / RD your coin still has the streak of brown?

    We need the category "RDWSBN" aka "Red with slight Brown" image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

    Amat Colligendo Focum

    Top 10 • FOR SALE

    image
  • Options
    Very nice coin.
    Home of the ehew ehew bird!
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    was it a reconsideration, crossover, raw, crackout?
  • Options
    sniocsusniocsu Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭
    O wow! Now that is a beautiful piece of copper!
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent coin.

    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file