Options
Tonight's sketchy, scary, and silly eBay auctions
lordmarcovan
Posts: 45,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
As you may have guessed, I was surfing the Indian cent category tonight.
First of all, we have somebody bidding $125.00 on one of those novelty "1877 Indian Cent" drink coasters.
(Or at least that's what the coin looks like. I wonder if it's three inches or so in diameter?) Reported to eBay.
Then we have one that's radioactive. Same guy has some hot pink ones if you don't like neon green.
(On what planet does that that kind of photo manipulation make for an appealing coin picture? Wherever it is, it's probably haunted by the ghost of Liberace.)
Not as hilarious as the Neon Green Alien cent, but this one is tonight's runner-up for the Bad Picture Hall of Shame.
First of all, we have somebody bidding $125.00 on one of those novelty "1877 Indian Cent" drink coasters.
(Or at least that's what the coin looks like. I wonder if it's three inches or so in diameter?) Reported to eBay.
Then we have one that's radioactive. Same guy has some hot pink ones if you don't like neon green.
(On what planet does that that kind of photo manipulation make for an appealing coin picture? Wherever it is, it's probably haunted by the ghost of Liberace.)
Not as hilarious as the Neon Green Alien cent, but this one is tonight's runner-up for the Bad Picture Hall of Shame.
Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.
0
Comments
you just can't beat neon color commentary with silly listings
.
<< <i>Funny how that blurred pic by boos65's, 1877 damaged-cleaned, is the only blurred pic he has. >>
It is in a ANACS holder...maybe he just doesn't know how to get a good pic thru the plastic. If I were interested, I'd at least ask for better pics before bidding. Only "benefit-of-the-doubt" thing to do and go from there.
<< <i>
<< <i>Funny how that blurred pic by boos65's, 1877 damaged-cleaned, is the only blurred pic he has. >>
It is in a ANACS holder...maybe he just doesn't know how to get a good pic thru the plastic. If I were interested, I'd at least ask for better pics before bidding. Only "benefit-of-the-doubt" thing to do and go from there. >>
He seems to have been able to take a, "good pic thru the plastic" on his other holdered coins:
holdered coin pics
another holdered coin pic
you get the point
There goes his "benefit-of-the-doubt"
Amat Colligendo Focum
Top 10 • FOR SALE
<< <i>There is actually a seller I am a little concerned about. Some of the pictures he has in his listings are actually from a coin dealer's website (and the person selling them is not the coin dealer who owns the site) >>
those type of things can be taken down too
1797 BLURRY dollar
Even with this sellers blurry picture, it is still an obvious COUNTERFEIT.