Options
Found a 72' Type 2 Ike... need some help.
Take a look at the photos... I'm not sure the "Baseball cap" is in the right place (Going the wrong way) In the other "E" picture the dot directly under the E is a hit. Seems to be a DDO (1 & G). Does the reverse typically have the lines right and left of the legs? Thanks.
March? August? T2/T1?










March? August? T2/T1?










0
Comments
you stink!
<< <i>no comment on the DDO, but it looks like a T2 to me
you stink! >>
+1
.
but the rest is all Greek to me.
Over at the Ike Group, they've identified the dates when the Type 2 dies were used. I'm only causally interested in Ike's, so I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject. It seems like splitting hairs to me... well there isn't very much hair on an Ike, but you get my drift.
March, 1972 Type 2
The doubling is upline in the master artwoirk. Early die state 1972's can show sextuple doubling in tht "1". In later die states it tends to go away. There is one stage we call the "grinning dog".
I don't know if you have a March or August. The weak "I" in LIBERTY indicates March to me while the reverse reminds me of an August.
edit: added missing "or".