Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

question for the ebay sellers

Does the seller incur fees on an auction item that is returned?

I recently got a raw coin on Ebay that I had some suspicions about, but I thought I would take a chance, as the price was right and it was something I've been looking for for quite some time. Now that I have it in hand, I'm 98% sure it is a cast counterfeit. I want to return it, but I also want to be fair to the seller, so I'd like to offer to pay some of the fees if he has to pay anything. I'd like to think he wasn't trying to knowingly pass a fake coin.

Comments

  • Options
    s4nys4ny Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    I believe that if the item is returned the fees for Ebay and Paypal are credited back to the seller.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    I think you'll also get a message through the ebay system from seller to cancel the transaction, after it is received back. I think seller may be out his shipping costs.
  • Options
    nencoinnencoin Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭✭
    All fees are refunded as long as they process the return/refund properly via both eBay and PayPal. If they are a regular seller on eBay, they'll know how to do it.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,524 ✭✭✭✭


    << <i>All fees are refunded as long as they process the return/refund properly via both eBay and PayPal. If they are a regular seller on eBay, they'll know how to do it. >>

    All except the original listing fee tha is.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.



    The name is LEE!
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>All except the original listing fee tha is. >>



    Which likely was free unless the seller does a very high volume each month. The first 50 auction listings are freebies...
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i>All fees are refunded as long as they process the return/refund properly via both eBay and PayPal. If they are a regular seller on eBay, they'll know how to do it. >>

    All except the original listing fee tha is. >>



    Correct I have had a couple items returned. Just agree to cancel the transaction after the refund is tendered.
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the seller usually can re-list for free.
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i>All fees are refunded as long as they process the return/refund properly via both eBay and PayPal. If they are a regular seller on eBay, they'll know how to do it. >>

    All except the original listing fee tha is. >>

    And the 30c fee for PayPal processing the transaction. They only refund the percentage part of the fee.

    When you return the item, the seller will set up a cancel transaction request, in which they can say the item was returned. As soon as you get it (after you have your refund, of course) go ahead and click to cancel the transaction and the seller will be credited the final value fees.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 25,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand. You want to be fair to the seller that was trying to screw you
    by pawning off a counterfeit? Return and Neg him.

    bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options


    << <i>I don't understand. You want to be fair to the seller that was trying to screw you
    by pawning off a counterfeit? Return and Neg him.

    bobimage >>



    I did my homework before bidding, his feedback was good and his other items looked good. I didn't get the feeling he was knowingly trying to pass something fake. At the same time, I bid on the coin even though I had my concerns, so I kind of feel some responsibility... probably stupid on my part, but I don't get the feeling he was trying to screw me.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP responded with my thoughts on this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file