Options
Cleveland Commems in Original Holder
Just picked these up. Not counterstamped and no notarized papers on reverse of holder but sure looks like original coins in an original holder. Just don't see these very often anymore.
<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mullencoins.com">Mullen Coins Website - Windycity Coin website
0
Comments
can't wait to get a closer look @ the reverse!
<< <i>No notarized certification on the back and I have not taken the coins out of the holder to see the reverse. Leaving it untouched. >>
I've found a few sets of Cleveland halves that were obviously original to the holder. I have also seen a couple of dozen 1946 BTW sets in that same black holder, along with a few Cincinnati's. Based on everything I've seen, I would predict that you would not want to see the other side of the coins, anyway. If they're original to the holder, they'll be deeply toned and likely not very attractive.
If they're bright, then the coins did not spend the last 75 years in that holder. You might want to check the other side of the coins just to check for originality.
Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.
Hoard the keys.
Eric
What other examples do we have from the 1930's of faux patent alligator with "leafed" stamped lettering holders?
<< <i>A quick check with a Linotype/font guy will tell you if this is from 1936, which I am not so sure about.
Eric
What other examples do we have from the 1930's of faux patent alligator with "leafed" stamped lettering holders? >>
Absolutely original and dates to the 1930s.
While many Cleveland halves were shipped in these holders, the first 200 coins minted had a special notarized labels attached to the back, with the notary's commission expiring in 1939.
Here's mine, and I know another member of these forums has one of the first 200 as well.
<< <i>
<< <i>A quick check with a Linotype/font guy will tell you if this is from 1936, which I am not so sure about.
Eric
What other examples do we have from the 1930's of faux patent alligator with "leafed" stamped lettering holders? >>
Absolutely original and dates to the 1930s.
While many Cleveland halves were shipped in these holders, the first 200 coins minted had a special notarized labels attached to the back, with the notary's commission expiring in 1939.
Here's mine, and I know another member of these forums has one of the first 200 as well.
Just what I was looking for
Eric