Options
My first Rainbow Toner (grade revealed)
This is entirely Stefanie's fault that I've fallen into the toning trap. My imaging needs serious work, and don't show how rich the colors are in the crescent, but it's nearly a perfect rainbow progression with clear bands for each color. You guys can guess the grade if you'd like.




Here's an image that shows all the colors better:





Here's an image that shows all the colors better:

0
Comments
What's not to like?!
Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.
Welcome to the Toners Appreciation Society
Tough to grade from the photos...
The top photo looks like a 63 and the lower looks 64+
sorry if I'm way off....
Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014
My Coin Blog
My Toned Lincoln Registry Set
Mike
Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
Hoard the keys.
<< <i>Natural toning wth rainbow colors that are bright and sparkle on a coin with lustrous surfaces. Toners like this are the ones that are worth chasing and normally hold the most value when selling. Good coin to get started on toners with. >>
Couldn't have said it better myself.....
.
CoinsAreFun Toned Silver Eagle Proof Album
.
Gallery Mint Museum, Ron Landis& Joe Rust, The beginnings of the Golden Dollar
.
More CoinsAreFun Pictorials NGC FOR SALE
It's actually graded gem from our hosts. Personally I would say this coin barely makes the grade.
Here are two additional images that I think sufficiently show the colors and how they pop.
OD, beggars can't be choosers when it comes to toned Trades
<< <i>OD, beggars can't be choosers when it comes to toned Trades
Kidding aside, if I decided to do Morgans again I would do it this way, instead of trying to string together a set (too many coins total) I would instead seek out attractive examples like this one and accumulate coins I enjoyed.
I predict that baby will becoming out for a peak quite often...
AB
<< <i>Bands of color and luster!
What's not to like?! >>
Can't say it better.
Congrat's! MJ
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
<< <i>It's actually graded gem from our hosts. Personally I would say this coin barely makes the grade. >>
Nice color adds a little and forgives a lot.
Without the color, that coin is a 64. But I have no problem with seeing a coin with that killer combo of luster and original color in a 65 holder.
Nice one! I do not agree that toning forgive anything these days. It holds its own, and it is pretty as a bonus!
Toned Coins for sale @ tonedcointrader.com