Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Why threads go off topic--a very normal reaction

I hope most if not all of us understand that not all replies to posts will be on topic.

There is a very natural cause--we have varying knowledge and backgrounds, and with most
conversations, someone will add their own experience, and a story they remember that is cued by the poster.

This post was generated because a recent meet with friends was totally controlled by a blabber none of us liked--
and the conversation went only to her needs. Nothing came out of her mouth other than her stories that had no
relation to the general topics discussed.

I am not a moderator, but just thought that responses to threads should be that, and if you want to discuss" the price of
tea in China", start your own thread.
TahoeDale

Comments

  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 14,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.




  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>I am not a moderator, but just thought that responses to threads should be that, and if you want to discuss" the price of
    tea in China", start your own thread. >>



    since we are talking about tea, i prefer mine from Assam
    .

    <--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dale:

    So, you met my step-mother, eh?? image
    Gone but not forgotten: IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Ricko, Big Moose, Cardinal, CoinsAreFun.
  • Options
    razzlerazzle Posts: 998 ✭✭✭
    If you are talking "blabber" maybe you should 'slab-her."image
    Markets (governments) can remain irrational longer than an investor can remain solvent.
  • Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭
    I thought it was because we all have ADD
  • Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>since we are talking about tea, i prefer mine from Assam >>



    Tea reminds me of the letter T, the start of the word topography, which is a study of the features of the Earth and astronomical objects, originating in ancient Greece, which reminds me that I'd like to eat a greasy burger today but probably shouldn't because they're terrible for you but good for your soul - not to be confused with soles of your feet - shoe inserts are good for those soles, and at this point I should insert my foot into my mouth but luckily that wouldn't stop this typing, which reminds me of type-casting that reminds of me broken bones in a cast, then coins made by pouring melted metal into a mold and casting them.

    It all comes back to coins...
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>I thought it was because we all have ADD >>



    i looked and still don't understand it

    if we are creative but go off-topic and show we may not have discipline we have ADD

    if we stay on-topic and focused, we are narrow-minded with lack of creative sense

    i guess it is about perspective. my perspective is that everything is connected, so really, nothing is off-topic in my world
    .

    <--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like turtles.


    Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

    "Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 25,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread + tea =

    image
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>This thread + tea = >>


    that is pretty intense!
    .

    <--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

  • Options
    I had to stop watching this thread because the spinning tea thing. Mind blowing. Did someone mention a thread going off topic?
  • Options
    themasterthemaster Posts: 676 ✭✭✭
    Don't get me started on the mechanics of the Female mind!image


    Have a Great Day!
    Louis
    "If you would know the value of money, go and try to borrow some." Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I notice that also !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,781 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>The fascinating wonders of the Female mind! >>







    Yep, yep.......I agreeimage


    Now please......back to coinsimage


  • Options
    Because some people don't read the OP's post or the thread gives them an opening to talk about what "they" want to talk about. it's a little peeving but whatever.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Earl Grey, myself.


    (But seriously, if my occasional meanderings in other people's threads are an annoyance, consider this an open apology. I will try to keep this in mind, but me being me, it's hard not to go off a tangent now and again.)

    Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

  • Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i>since we are talking about tea, i prefer mine from Assam >>



    Tea reminds me of the letter T, the start of the word topography, which is a study of the features of the Earth and astronomical objects, originating in ancient Greece, which reminds me that I'd like to eat a greasy burger today but probably shouldn't because they're terrible for you but good for your soul - not to be confused with soles of your feet - shoe inserts are good for those soles, and at this point I should insert my foot into my mouth but luckily that wouldn't stop this typing, which reminds me of type-casting that reminds of me broken bones in a cast, then coins made by pouring melted metal into a mold and casting them.

    It all comes back to coins... >>




    Hilarious. Actually any discussion serves the purpose of keeping a thread from slipping so far back that those with an interest in the original topic who missed it get a second chance. Anyone can still jump in and bring it back to topic when they would have otherwise missed it. Sort of like the advertising axiom, any news is better than no news.
  • Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭
    anyone following Canes basketball?
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

    Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

    Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,379 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>This thread + tea =

    image >>




    Man, that IS trippy. Pretty hypnotic. I like it.

    Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

  • Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    Some start drinking earlier in the day than others do.
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

    RIP "BEAR"
  • Options
    fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭
    Tea is for Topic, i suggest we stay on it.

    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file