Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS Order pickup at show

rkprkp Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
Hi,

I know you can submit coins for grading to PCGS at a show, but are you able to mail coins for grading say two months before hand, and ask PCGS to bring them to a show that you will be attending. My angle here is primarily to save on shipping and handling costs yet have the coins available at the show for trading.

Thanks!

Comments

  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be great, but they already have the return shipping money up front from you. Plus it probably would be to much added to the already busy process.

    Just my thoughts.
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭
    I know NGC does this.

    -Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    raysrays Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are essentially asking if PCGS would store your coins for you. I doubt it.
    Depending upon the coins' value, it can be cheaper to pay the show standard rate of $110/coin or show economy ($55/coin) +$8 service charge and pick up the coins at the end of the show than to pay the express fee of $55/coin and the return shipping fees.
  • Options
    ranshdowranshdow Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭
    I had a submission come through on the Thursday before Long Beach. After talking to PCGS at the show, they said yes it was possible to pick up at the show, but I needed to contact the office directly to request it. I called customer service, they said send an email, so I did on Friday, asking if they could deliver my coins to me at the show. They never replied. It was probably way too short notice. I don't blame them.
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had this done in the past and have picked up at a couple different shows.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought I heard once that if you had a table at the show them they would do this. Not a normal procedure for collectors I would think.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Except for Long Beach, PCGS generally will not deliver coins at shows.

    NGC will but they will still charge you part of a shipping charge and a handling charge.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file