Home Sports Talk
Options

To Red Sox Nation...

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just wrapping up Terry Francona's "The Red Sox Years"...a great read IMO, highly recommend!!

I have grown to really appreciate Francona's time as manager of the Red Sox and will be pulling for him to do well with the Indians.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Al!

Ofcourse I will always love Francona and even Manny however I will always agree to the fact that Francona was a straight Coward his last few years with the Sox and lost the team because of it.

We dont need to discuss Manny image
  • Options
    Francona was a straight Coward his last few years with the Sox and lost the team because of it.

Paul...read the book, you will see that the evil doers were the top 3...Werner, Lucchino and Henry. Lucchino was the worst, and Henry got way too involved with Rousch racing and that BS soccer crap across the pond. I can almost promise you'll see things differently about Francona after you read the book. I was most surprised with the relationship between Theo and Tito. Manny, BTW, was waaaay whacko!!!

Give it a shot.

Al
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Francona was a straight Coward his last few years with the Sox and lost the team because of it.

Paul...read the book, you will see that the evil doers were the top 3...Werner, Lucchino and Henry. Lucchino was the worst, and Henry got way too involved with Rousch racing and that BS soccer crap across the pond. I can almost promise you'll see things differently about Francona after you read the book. I was most surprised with the relationship between Theo and Tito. Manny, BTW, was waaaay whacko!!!

Give it a shot.

Al >>

Yea I have actually heard bits and pieces about those guys, either way I will check it out.

Thanks Al, hope your enjoying the Sun image
  • Options
    Paul...

Heard you had a few snow flurries recently !! image My brother lives in Loudon, NH, just south of the Speedway...he got 33 inches.

No sun here, 48, kinda chilly. Closed on my new home at Lake Oconee, so far things are sweet. A bit weird to own two houses, but will put the first on the market in the next 3-6 months. Lake living will be a nice treat, everybody we've met so far has been super nice.

Keep an open mind with the Francona thing, he was getting hosed by upper management, big time. He and Theo got along great...some Sox stars bailed on Tito when he needed them most. Again, I'm pulling for him with the Indians.

Stay warm!

Al
  • Options
    ExodusExodus Posts: 348 ✭✭✭
    I liked Francona, and not to go off topic too much, but it's amazing that many people are picking the Blue Jays and Orioles to
    finish ahead of the Sox and Yankees this year. That would be amazing if that happened.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Francona did a awesome job with the Red Sox drama and usually got the most out of the team.