Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

25th Anniversary Black Holders

As I see more of these holders for sale, i've noticed most coins seem kind of medicore, middle of the road, nothing special. Also can't say that any I have seen were CAC approved. Maybe thought process was a premium charge for holder only? Buy the holder not the coin?
Am I missing something?
image

Comments

  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a marketing ploy by NGC to boost their bottom line. Welcome btw!!
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 40,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Th)e thought process was a premium charge for holder only.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options


    << <i>As I see more of these holders for sale, i've noticed most coins seem kind of medicore, middle of the road, nothing special. Also can't say that any I have seen were CAC approved. Maybe thought process was a premium charge for holder only? Buy the holder not the coin?
    Am I missing something?
    image >>



    Welcome to the Forum!image Just wanted to mention that CAC does not sticker or accept modern coins. Check their site at CAC.com
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i>As I see more of these holders for sale, i've noticed most coins seem kind of medicore, middle of the road, nothing special. Also can't say that any I have seen were CAC approved. Maybe thought process was a premium charge for holder only? Buy the holder not the coin?
    Am I missing something?
    image >>



    Welcome to the Forum!image Just wanted to mention that CAC does not sticker or accept modern coins. Check their site at CAC.com >>



    NGC black retro was extended to silver dollars too.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 25,194 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i>As I see more of these holders for sale, i've noticed most coins seem kind of medicore, middle of the road, nothing special. Also can't say that any I have seen were CAC approved. Maybe thought process was a premium charge for holder only? Buy the holder not the coin?
    Am I missing something?
    image >>



    Welcome to the Forum!image Just wanted to mention that CAC does not sticker or accept modern coins. Check their site at CAC.com >>



    Not true.
    CAC stickers Ikes and there isn't a soul alive who will declare Ikes to be classic coins and not moderns.
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 14,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ike's are the last vestige of classic sized big silver dollars.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 40,160 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i>

    << <i>As I see more of these holders for sale, i've noticed most coins seem kind of medicore, middle of the road, nothing special. Also can't say that any I have seen were CAC approved. Maybe thought process was a premium charge for holder only? Buy the holder not the coin?
    Am I missing something?
    image >>



    Welcome to the Forum!image Just wanted to mention that CAC does not sticker or accept modern coins. Check their site at CAC.com >>



    Not true.
    CAC stickers Ikes and there isn't a soul alive who will declare Ikes to be classic coins and not moderns. >>



    but not proof ikes, right????
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not true.
    CAC stickers Ikes and there isn't a soul alive who will declare Ikes to be classic coins and not moderns. >>



    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    IKE's haven't been made in 35 years,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, CAC stickers them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

    Therefore they ARE CLASSIC's image

    GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    image
    Becky
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome!
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file