Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

wheretheyaint.com

Has anybody dealt with these dealers before. Got a email asking what I collected and I replied! They are asking 3 times vcp ! Kinda told them Noway !! Thanks but no thanks!
# 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10

Comments

• Options
    I got a similar email asking how my collection was going and if i was still buying/selling...somewhat odd.
  • Options
    ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Same here. Don't know how they got my contact info, but I got asked the same "how is your collection going".
    Currently collecting PSA graded:

1991 & 1992 Fleer Pro Visions
    1952 Topps
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    They contacted me because of a extensive sale thread I had on these boards. I gave him a list of what I was willing to sell and we went back and forth on a few emails but in the end I was not willing to sell at his buy price. It was not a bad offer but I decided against it. Also, one of my requests which he agreed to was an in person cash transaction since he was located only about and hour and a half from me.
    Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Agreed.....I believe he is the only seller who actually sells product he doesn't own. Once it is sold, he tries to acquire it, and keeps the difference. No different than short selling a stock, but to honest, I am surprised he can find any buyers at his bloated prices. If you thought all the BIN prices on Ebay were high, you should check out their website.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    He's not the only dealer that does this.
    He used to offer me cards I needed, it usually served to give me a heads up it was on someone elses site for less. Wasn't ever hard to track down the card.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Sounds like he'd be perfect for the BST board
  • Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info!!! I will stay clear of this rip off !!
  • Options
    Over half the cards they have for sale are on eBay for less. If you buy from them it's because you didn't do a thorough search and find the cheaper card.
  • Options
  • Options
    funny i emailed him back with 7 cards with vcp price range and what i would pay and NO RESPONSE! go figure, after reading about them, STAY CLEAR!
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    It's an interesting business model. While you'll pay more if you buy from them, calling them a ripoff or a scam is a little out of line. Research and information are key whenever buying or selling and they are just an example of a company that utilizes knowing where buyers and sellers are and works to broker a deal. Many may not agree with the principle, but I have a hard time accepting that some are suggesting things that aren't exactly true.
  • Options
    He spammed me on both my email accounts. Same generic message.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Where is he getting our email addresses from?
  • Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    He emailed me not to long ago. I thought maybe I had bought something from him from eBay a few months prior. I didn't respond, he emailed me again. Finally I told him I was doing well, and that I have his webpage booked marked and check it fairly often, just to get him off my back.

He then replied "well give me a checklist, lots of stuff isn't logged because the inventory moves regularly"

I didn't reply and he again emailed me to send him a list, and I finally just said "your prices are out of my league" and BSed him stating "I only collect low graded cards" and I haven't heard back from him since. So maybe that's your out? Haha
  • Options
    royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like if you really want to get back at this guy, you should give him a list of cards, and inflated prices you would pay for them. He would then spend a lot of time tracking down the cards, all for not.
    In fact, that is what I am going to do if I'm contacted.
    Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • Options
    Sounds almost like a type of drop-shipper or just plain old middle man. Trying to push high end stuff. I think he needs to built a clientele before just assuming people want to drop 20k on something (or could for that matter).
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of a bass ackward way of brokering. Several years ago I brokered deals and would find out what the customer was willing to pay for the item. Then I'd go out and see if I could find it for his buy price minus my mark-up. Only when I located the item did I charge the buyer and pay the seller.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Don't forget that e-mail accounts have spam filters. If this guy emails once I'll make sure the second goes straight to the spam folder.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    Generally their prices are stupid but I did just order 5 tougher 1973 FB PSA 9s that haven't arrived yet that were fair. They seem to work off the VCP average, which in their mind is the last sale made on VCP, so don't waste your time negotiating. I got a email just like everyone else.
  • Options

<< <i>Ben seems to try and sell cards that he doesn't actually possess, for extremely high prices ... like you said 3 time VCP ... and then if the deal goes through he gets the card from the person who owns it per a prearrangement. >>

There's no prearrangement.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Ben seems to try and sell cards that he doesn't actually possess, for extremely high prices ... like you said 3 time VCP ... and then if the deal goes through he gets the card from the person who owns it per a prearrangement. >>

There's no prearrangement. >>

Exactly. There is no agreement to offer items he doesn't own. I know someone that used to get his email, find and buy the cards, and then tell him he'd take them. Ben would scramble only to find it was already sold.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    I'm feeling left out... Why don't they email me???
  • Options
    got another email from him telling me he had a great 68 johnny bench psa 8 he could set aside for me for the low price of 380. I told him sure, if he wrapped a couple hundred dollar bills around the slab I would give him 380.
  • Options
    I asked him for a scan of a 77 topps angles Psa 10 front and back. And of course No Response cause he dosent own or have them!!!
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    Successful transaction! Cards were well packed, arrived quickly and were as advertised. If the pricing was more negotiable, I'd buy more.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Thank you, Google.

• Options

<< <i>Thank you, Google.

image >>

I read the boards everynight, so I'm surprised I didn't see this reply. I just received the same message.
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Just got 2 of these messages within 24 hours.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    His prices are ridiculous like 707. Maybe worse.
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    I heard him and dean sit around every night discussing prices for cards.