Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ryan Braun What A Shame NOT!!!

LINK

Yahoo!'s Jeff Passan and Tim Brown report that the name of Brewers slugger Ryan Braun is found within the records of the controversial Biogenesis clinic in South Florida, which has been central to baseball's PED scandal. Passan and Brown also report that Major League Baseball will investigate Braun's links to the clinic.

Biogenesis clinician Anthony Bosch has in recent days been alleged to have supplied banned substances to current major-leaguers, including Alex Rodriguez, Nelson Cruz and Melky Cabrera. Here's an image of one of the documents obtained by Yahoo!:

CBSSports.com's Jon Heyman confirms the presence of Braun's name in the documents and also confirms that, as you may be able to glean from above, the names of Yankees catcher Francisco Cervelli and Orioles third baseman Danny Valencia also appear.

Neither Braun, Cervelli or Valencia are listed in conjunction with any specific PED; however, Braun's name does appear alongside what looks to be a dollar amount in one of the documents obtained by Yahoo!.

As CBSSports.com's Danny Knobler has noted, MLB has the power to discipline players for the use of banned substances even in the absence of a failed test.

Braun, of course, successfully appealed a 2011 drug test that showed elevated levels of testosterone in his urine. Because of procedural errors in the testing process, the 2011 NL MVP avoided what would have been a 50-game suspension under MLB's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.

Braun, 29, is coming off a season in which he batted .319/.391/.595 with 41 home runs. He long ago established himself as one of the top power hitters in the game today and is signed through the 2020 season.

Comments

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    juicy story.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>juicy story. >>

i see what you did there

• Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    Maybe he paid them to keep them drugs away..
    you don't know
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Braun has nothing to worry about. That notebook has all sorts of chain of custody issues. >>

Very well played! image
  • Options
    bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Braun has nothing to worry about. That notebook has all sorts of chain of custody issues. >>

i see what you did there

• Options
    GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    What concerns me is that word baseball over the top....Have other sports been found to be invoved?
    Nathan Wagner
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    It doesn''t seem like football even cares about PEDs.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It doesn''t seem like football even cares about PEDs. >>

Thankfully they dont, hopefully soon MLB will smarten up and not care as well.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you omit his response? You put in the first and the last part of the story why not all of it?

Braun's response;

"During the course of preparing for my successful appeal last year, my attorneys, who were previously familiar with Tony Bosch, used him as a consultant. More specifically, he answered questions about T/E ratio and possibilities of tampering with samples.

"There was a dispute over compensation for Bosch's work, which is why my lawyer and I are listed under 'moneys owed' and not on any other list.

"I have nothing to hide and have never had any other relationship with Bosch.

"I will fully cooperate with any inquiry into this matter."

I am neither pro or anti Braun, but let's hear BOTH sides of the story please.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>It doesn''t seem like football even cares about PEDs. >>

of course not. aren't they the same people being taken to task over injured brains and suicide?
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    Braun lucked out in an OJ Simpson kind of way the first go around. Let's see how this one plays out.
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It doesn't seem like football even cares about PEDs. >>

Thankfully they don't, hopefully soon MLB will smarten up and not care as well. >>

+1
  • Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>It doesn't seem like football even cares about PEDs. >>

Thankfully they don't, hopefully soon MLB will smarten up and not care as well. >>

>>

Yes hopefully

and why not call it the 'Home Gym Era'!
    as thats what this is really all about....
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭
    Add one more to the don't care category.. Why the Baseball purists care about
    this and the DH in the National League is beyond me?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Bosch was just a pusher, hes not a Doctor or anything, bizarre he would be used as a consultant. Creative defenses are nothing new to the Braun camp.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree completely witih Vlad, please Mr Braun!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable