Home Sports Talk

How is your hockey team doing?

Are they going to make the playoffs? I am a Red Wing fan and I'm a little nervous.

Comments

• WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Fair weather Sharks follower here. Right now they're 7-0-1, which doesn't really matter because regardless of how well they do in the regular season come playoff time they will find a way to choke some time in the first two rounds. Remember that time they faced off against the Wings, went up 3 games to 0 the lost the next 3 then finally won in OT in Game 7? That's them.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Flyers fan...3-6 so far. Not looking good, may need to be the year to sell off some vets for younger talent.
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wild fan. Looks like they aren't waiting around for players to produce. Their sure bet rookie Granlund and Devin Setoguchi who was supposed to be a goal scorer have both been demoted to the fourth line.

With the addition of Parise and Sutter they need to play better as a team. We have been waiting for some talent and results for a long time now!

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sabres fan. Fire Ruff.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I predict the Maple Leafs will win the Cup...............................................in the year 2044.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • WTCG: The Sharks are looking good. They have to go the 3rd round eventually. The last 48 game season was when the Wings finally busted through.
    Ajaan: I couldn't agree more. I thought he would be gone after the ownership change. ( PS I love your dark side posts)
    Joe: They made a trade with the rangers today too didn't they? Setoguchi was a Wing killer when he was on the Sharks. I was unhappy when Suter choose the wild over the Wings, but I guess your hometown still counts for something.
    Gosteelers: I had a hard time thinking of something nice to say about the Flyers and I think I got it. At least your Logo and color scheme isn't a complete rip off of the Wings. ( Just Kidding)
    It's tough to win without Pronger. He is a great player. I will never forget the time he block a shot in Detroit with his chest and his heart stopped. He is one tough SOB.
    DoubleEagle: You just need Mike Palmateer to lace up the skates.
  • WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    I'm a Caps fan and this is looking like a throwaway year while they get their feet wet under Adam Oates. The shortened season would seem to favor teams with established regimes.
    Hockeyfan9,

I think Sutter and Parise are buddies and were looking to go to the same team if they could both get good money.
    Yes made a trade for a center (didn't catch his name) for two of our young guys, Powe was one of them I think. Wild need someone who is good at faceoffs. The other night it seemed we lost every one.

GO WILD!

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

<< <i>Ajaan: I couldn't agree more. I thought he would be gone after the ownership change. ( PS I love your dark side posts) >>

Many fans also thought he and Darcy would be gone with the ownership change. When Pegula announced he was keeping both of them you could almost here the who fandom saying "oh crap!", nothing's going to change.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ex-Thrasher fan now still following the Jets. Beat the Penguins and looked outstanding then lose to the Panthers and have lost 3 straight. I guess we will see how they do tonight against Florida again. Looks like Byfuglien wont play.
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I believe my future hockey team is moving here from Phoenix soon, so I'm not quite paying attention.
  • markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    My hockey team has never lost a game, and never will.
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    Well the Sharks suc& after getting me excited early...same old shi$ different day excuses from #19
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    The only Chicago team I root for is looking pretty good at present. Considering they have played nearly all of their games on the road so far they are cashing some nice checks at the present. Banking road wins in a short year is big. If they stay healthy they should be good. That is the only bad thing about a short season. Not as much time to get guys back.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    All we have here is the Lake Erie Monsters.....I think they are going to make the playoffs but to be honest I am not a big hockey fan.

al.
  • PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    My Hurricanes are 5-4 on the young season. We are leading the league in shots per game. This is surprising, since we have been a non-scoring sloth for the last few years. We added Jordan Staal and Alex Semin to the lineup, so that is helping a lot. Right now, we are on the playoff bubble. Considering we've been on the outside looking in for three straight years, I am cautiously optimistic that we might see the postseason again this year.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Senators are 6-3-2 so very nice start, also a closet Isles fan 4-5-1 so not bad considering.
  • WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well the Sharks suc& after getting me excited early...same old shi$ different day excuses from #19 >>

Rather have them suck now than saving it for the first round of the playoffs.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • I don't know how you guys with a 7-2-1 record in the first 10 sucks? Maybe because the Sharks have never won anything?
  • ExodusExodus Posts: 348 ✭✭✭
  • My team- the defending champion Kings- are off to a lousy start. They are dead last in the Pacific. Oh well.

<< <i>My team- the defending champion Kings- are off to a lousy start. They are dead last in the Pacific. Oh well. >>

All they need to do is finish in eighth placeimage

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

• << <i>

<< <i>My team- the defending champion Kings- are off to a lousy start. They are dead last in the Pacific. Oh well. >>

All they need to do is finish in eighth placeimage >>

Just like last year!
  • Will Trade:

Phoenix Coyotes for Seattle's Russel Wilson. Seattle can have the whole Coyotes organization for Russell. Hockey should not exist south of the bottom of Nebraska any way.

<< <i>

<< <i>Well the Sharks suc& after getting me excited early...same old shi$ different day excuses from #19 >>

Rather have them suck now than saving it for the first round of the playoffs. >>

I do hear 'ya. I read they are the "Susan Lucci" of the NHL.

At least they play golf pretty well in the off-season.image
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Wings just played two games in 24 hours and three in four days and survived to win all three. I feel better then I did last week. We are a WIP this season. I have a feeling that 12-14 playoff spots will be up for grabs right up to the last 4 or 5 games of the season. We will sweat to keep the longest playoff streak in sports alive. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    Hawks imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • hawks and wolves are rolling, can't complain
    Sabres still suck, Ruff still coach.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
    Sabres don't have team speed, but it was interesting to see the Boston Bruins and Ottawa Senators recently take
    absolutely ZERO liberties with any of your players.
    I guess having Scott on your team will at least not let any of your small guys (or goalie) get hammered this year.

<< <i>I guess having Scott on your team will at least not let any of your small guys (or goalie) get hammered this year. >>

Very true especially when you add Ott to the equation. A player who actually gets some good ice time.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
    Reports are the Sabres fired Ruff. image

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

• << <i>Reports are the Sabres fired Ruff. image >>

Congrats Ajaan! It can only get better!
  • gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Ruff had a nice run, but it seemed like it was time to go...

Go Flyers!!!
  • WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Caps had a bit of success before losing to the Rangers 2-1. At least Holtby is playing better in goal. He is young, and prolly has more upside than Neuvirth (some fans call him Ner-vous LOL). They really need some roster moves to build the type of team Adam Oates needs. Ovie is not going anywhere, so try to build around him at least. They have too many holdover players from the last two coaching regimes. Jeff Shultz #55 definitely needs to hit the door.
    Blackhawks escape Detroit with a late minute tie on the power play, and then Kane wins it in the shootout.
    Corey Crawford saved the day for us.
    Better watch out Exodus, you're playing the Wild Tuesday. Minnesota is playing well!

It's not as easy to hate this group of Blackhawks. You guys are having a magical year.

Joe
  • Exodus, now you have to worry about that 1st round let down! Congrats on betting my wings Sunday. Definitely a painful finish for me!
    Another close one against Colorado.
    There have been some exciting games in this streak.
    Hossa didn't play, and Sharp left the game hurt.
  • Let's Go Redwings!!!
    Well, we took it on the chin against a good, young Avalanche team.
    Lost two in a row. Will we go for three ?
    Wild are playing well, despite coming up short against the Blackhawks, and are now in first place in their division.

Looks like the scoring is picking up, even though Granlund has not impressed, Zucker has looked good!

GO WILD!

Joe
    After last night's game the Sharks scheduled tee times for May.

<< <i>After last night's game the Sharks scheduled tee times for May. >>

The Sabres have had theirs since the 2nd week of the season.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

<< <i>

<< <i>After last night's game the Sharks scheduled tee times for May. >>

The Sabres have had theirs since the 2nd week of the season. >>

The Leafs are next to tee off.

• robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    My Predators suck right now. Very hard team to watch this season.

Even Pekka Rinne is struggling. We really need a scoring forward. I'm not sure the 8th seed is even realistic this year.

• drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Flyers fan...3-6 so far. Not looking good, may need to be the year to sell off some vets for younger talent. >>

You've got that right. They just signed Anthony Stolarz, Goalie. Anthony played fro our High School team (Jaguars) and is awesome.
    LondonKnights
    Wild 9-1 in last ten games.

Go Wild!

Joe