Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Modern Pirces ..Up Up And Away

Im curious to see where this ends in about 10 minutes. 3k for just a refractor. This might be the set that consumes people and prices are going to go crazy.

Sorry no link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360576602214?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's

Comments

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Thank you Doug.
  • Nice bump at the end
  • I don't mean to sound ignorant, but can someone explain to me the correlation of high prices on modern basketball cards and the far east? I mean I know my biggest blaster box pull and sale on Ebay was back 10+ years ago of a Vince Carter Gold Label Red Label #'d/25 for around $400 to some guy in Taiwan or Hong Kong...

I see this one the OP mentions is from a seller in Taiwan...Is basketball that big over there?
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Happy Chinese New Year! >>

"The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • I knew Asian buyers went nuts for anything MJ but Kyrie Irving?

This Prizm product is on fire right now so maybe that is driving the sales. I am a basketball collector so I see what goes on on some of the other boards and the basketball crowd is eating this product up. I don't get it.
  • originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭✭
    I confess I don't get it either, but there's something for everyone I guess. This type of thing makes me "wish I had one to sell!" instead of "wish I had one in my collection!" image
  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Topps Refractors for Chrome football have been sellling for strong prices recently.
    Mike
  • With no Topps in the NBA game, this set has gotten Chrome fans interested. Golds are numbered to just 10 and with this year's and last year's rookies both in there, that helps even more. Irving is the best player at this point out of both classes so it makes sense that all these factors end up with this card going for a lot of money (even common golds are doing well).
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    China, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Philippines, and Australia are HUGE into American Basketball.

• << <i>China, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Philippines, and Australia are HUGE into American Basketball. >>

They must like Andrew Luck also.

Luck