Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Looking for Opinions on Hand Cut 1949 Bowman Musial

Friend of mine picked this up today and we are trying to decide the best way to sell and also find out more info. I did a little research and found that some 1949 Bowmans were issued in 36 card sheets and looks like this one was hand cut from one of those sheets. We are thinking it would sell for more if slabbed authentic. Does anyone know if PSA will label this card "hand cut" on the flip? I was also thinking since it is already hand cut would it help to square up the borders to improve the eye appeal of card before submitted to PSA (especially the bottom border) or should we just submit as it is?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Comments

• Here is the information found on PSA's site concerning sheet-cut cards:

<< <i>PSA will grade virtually any card that has been hand-cut off of a panel, box, etc. (Post Cereal, Hostess, Bazooka, Strip cards, etc.) keeping the following information in mind. This service does not include traditional sheet-cut cards. PSA will not grade cards cut from sheets that can be obtained in a normal fashion. For example, PSA will not grade a 1979 O-Pee-Chee Wayne Gretzky card cut from a sheet because that card was issued in non-sheet form. On the other hand, PSA will grade a 1959 Bazooka or 1961 Post Cereal Mickey Mantle because those cards could only be obtained in one fashion - removed by hand from a box or panel. >>

You can read more about PSA's grading standards for hand-cut cards here:
    http://www.psacard.com/services/psa_grading_standards.chtml

Kevin
    I collect PSA 10 Cal Ripken, Jr. cards.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I think it's simply miscut and please do NOT attempt to square anything up.

Good for you.
  • KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    It's not a factory miscut. If submitted for grading it will come back Authentic Trimmed. It's will be tough to sell for more than $100 whether it's raw or graded. If you can sell it raw at $100 then you'll be saving the grading fees.
  • CounselorCounselor Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭
    Thanks anybody have any sales history on these.