Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

picked up 3 books on counterfeit detection today (wednesday)

LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
Counterfeit mis-struck and unofficial us coins - don taxay - looked old so i got it for $5. Printed in 1976 and may very well have been sitting on the shelf since then image

numismatic forgery - charles m. larson - 2004

us gold counterfeit detection guide - bill fivaz - spiral bound. 2005 - hundreds of images. looks extremely promising

i was looking for "assassination of counterfeiters" by CIA co-authored by NSA, but to no avail image

i got all 3 for less than $30 and i am really looking forward to seeing what they have to offer.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

Comments

• Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    Good deal. That gold one by fivaz is excellent
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275

<< <i>Good deal. That gold one by fivaz is excellent >>

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    ebaybuyerebaybuyer Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭
    not sure if you all are aware, but you can borrow books from your local library, and heres a kicker, you can request books through thier share program, kind of a read it before you buy it thing. there is a website i used to have saved that had just about every book ever printed and what library system it would be shared through, it takes a while to get to you, but its really worth the effort.
    regardless of how many posts I have, I don't consider myself an "expert" at anything
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>you can request books through thier share program, kind of a read it before you buy it thing. there is a website i used to have saved that had just about every book ever printed and what library system it would be shared through, it takes a while to get to you, but its really worth the effort. >>

i've done this (r. t. kiyosaki's rich dad poor dad series) but would love that website you mention. i'll put it on the ever-growing list of things to do lol

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually Taxay's stuff is pretty good as well.
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All 3 books are good additions to one's personal library. There is also a video of a talk by Larson (see coinvideo.com) that is a good companion to his book.
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file