Home U.S. Coin Forum

Since there has not been a Teletrade thread or post in 12 hours...

RYKRYK Posts: 35,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
I would like to report that I had lunch (more correctly, spent lunchtime) with Corey from Teletrade.

I offered my criticisms which were largely based on the previous antiquated platform, and he explained what TT was doing to improve the site, the service, the auction experience, and new business opportunities for Teletrade. He is young, but experienced, and very enthusiastic about the changes that have been made and that will be made in the future. Most of my criticism of TT was based on the old model, but I will keep an eye on TT from now on as I believe that they can and will be a serious player for the auction and retail needs of many collectors.

Thanks to wondercoin for making it, sort of, happen.

Oh, and I am also boiling some beets (roasting is too complicated for me). image

Disclosure: I have no affiliation with Teletrade or any other coin firm--but if any coin firm is interested in making one with me, I am all ears. image

"There are no called strikes in coin collecting."--Henry David Thoreau RYK

Comments

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pleae raise your hand if you HAVEN'T had lunch with the guys from TT. image
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "but I will keep an eye on TT from now on as I believe that they can and will be a serious player for the auction and retail needs of many collectors."

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • My prediction is you will regret boiling the beets. The flavor will be washed out. The roasting concentrates the sugars and is definitely worth the hassle.

Oh, and best wishes to Teletrade. I personally don't use them, but the more healthy options for collectors in the marketplace the better.

merse

• MarkMark Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the marketing people at Teletrade are clever, they would encapsulate a slice of beet and put it up on their next auction.image
    Mark

• ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭
    When I first started collecting seriously about 6 years ago I had used Teletrade and won a half dozen or so coins from them. Since then I have sort of graduated to Heritage and S/B but I am encouraged by hearing about your meeting with TT and sincerely hope for all the best in their future. I have stated in the past that I felt there wasn't enough high grade material in their auctions to suit me but I am hoping that that will change and if so I will become an enthusiatic bidder once again with them.
    Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,662 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If the marketing people at Teletrade are clever, they would encapsulate a slice of beet and put it up on their next auction.image >>

lmaoimage

• WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Pleae raise your hand if you HAVEN'T had lunch with the guys from TT. image >>

I haven't and last time I had lunch with anyone at Teletrade it was my treat. Okay, yeah that person, once pictured in a Charmy show report is no longer with the company but she was one of the few people in the industry I wouldn't mind hosting for a lunch date.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My prediction is you will regret boiling the beets. The flavor will be washed out. >>

That's was RYK was trying to do. Beets are so vile to begin with that anything you can do to get the flavor out can only be an improvement.
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My prediction is you will regret boiling the beets. The flavor will be washed out. >>

That's was RYK was trying to do. Beets are so vile to begin with that anything you can do to get the flavor out can only be an improvement. >>

I enjoy beets, and they fall under the "superfoods" category, a definite win-win. I have been making them since my son was old enough to eat them, 12 years or so. If you have not eaten them for a while, they may turn your urine red, but you should not be alarmed. My daughter regularly requests them as a side dish in her lunch box. It's all good. image

"There are no called strikes in coin collecting."--Henry David Thoreau RYK
  • CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭✭
    I would just like to add that I really like a beat salad, but I do not like borscht.
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone fly me to California,,,,, buy me lunch and I will be happy to give you my opinion on whatever you like image

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭
    best wishes and luck to Teletrade

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file