Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone know member - bking - Bob?

I paid for a few cards from his 70 set break on the B/S/T Board back on the 18th. Received PM on the 19th stating cards are being shipped. I know a few other Board members are also waiting on cards that were purchased even earlier in the month and nobody has heard from him. Does anybody here know Bob or have an address for him?

Comments

• Options
    FrancartFrancart Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    I did not based on other members positive feedback & because it was under $50. Hope to receive cards or hear from him very soon.
  • Options
    TheDudeAbidesTheDudeAbides Posts: 400 ✭✭✭
    PM sent.
    Collecting 64, 66, 67, 70 & 71 Baseball. Cubs, wax, cello & rack baseball.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    PM sent
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with it. He's been on the boards a long time. I seem to recall he disappeared before but I didn't follow up to see how everything turned out. I emailed him inquiring about several cards in his set but I never got a quote back from him.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Good luck with it. He's been on the boards a long time. I seem to recall he disappeared before but I didn't follow up to see how everything turned out. I emailed him inquiring about several cards in his set but I never got a quote back from him. >>

You are right. Bob did eventually take care of everything IIRC.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    I purchased cards from him as well and although it took a long time, I did receive everything and it was shipped very securely. He told me he got hit by a bad case of the flu and true to his word, he got the cards out soon after our last pm exchange. Now if he would only take the cards out of his registry so i could put them in mine without sending scans in!!!!

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I purchased cards from him as well and although it took a long time, I did receive everything and it was shipped very securely. He told me he got hit by a bad case of the flu and true to his word, he got the cards out soon after our last pm exchange. Now if he would only take the cards out of his registry so i could put them in mine without sending scans in!!!!

Hope this helps. >>

Don't forget to use hand sanitizer on your cards! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Good luck with it. He's been on the boards a long time. I seem to recall he disappeared before but I didn't follow up to see how everything turned out. I emailed him inquiring about several cards in his set but I never got a quote back from him. >>

He did a group reholder sub Spring 2011 and then vanished.....I finally got my cards (after I marked them off as being gone as I got no replies to messages) and pretty sure others did as well.
  • Options

<< <i>I purchased cards from him as well and although it took a long time, I did receive everything and it was shipped very securely. He told me he got hit by a bad case of the flu and true to his word, he got the cards out soon after our last pm exchange. Now if he would only take the cards out of his registry so i could put them in mine without sending scans in!!!!

Hope this helps. >>

Ditto this. I got my cards on the 24th, as described with no problems- but I've made several requests for him to take the cards out of his registry and I haven't heard back. Hopefully he is OK.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    I tried to give him a call today to see if he was ok, but only got his voicemail.

I'll keep trying over the next few days. I hope he's ok.

Dave
  • Options
    FrancartFrancart Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    Thanks 70Topps. If you get ahold of him please tell him to check his PMs/email. I know there are a few others that are also still waiting on cards from him.

Thanks.
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    Tried him again today (Saturday), but again I only got his voice mail. Will keep trying over the next few days and
    pass on your request if I manage to get through.

Regards

Dave

Dave