Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Screwed All The Way Around on a Strahan Autograph

I buy a signed 8 x 10 Michael Strahan photo on Ebay from Autograph Outlets on Dec.6 which comes with a COA and sticker from them. The signature looked close enough to what I already had in my collection, so I roll the dice. I paid for it on Dec.8. It arrives on Dec.14. Does the Ebay 45 day SNAD clock start on Dec.14 when the item is in hand? No, it starts on the day you pay for it. Anyway, I sent it to PSA/DNA. I never got the standard email that the it was logged in, nor did I get the standard email that my grades were ready. Turns out PSA/DNA flunks it, within my 45 day SNAD window, BUT I didn't find out until day 46! I immediately contact the seller, who of course does not respond. I send another email---again nothing. I contact Ebay and of course I get the standard "45 days is up, there is nothing we can do, but we'll email him and encourage him to do the right thing", blah, blah blah. Of course the seller ignores them too. So my only recourse was to file a dispute with my credit card company which I used when I paid for it through Paypal. It sounds like I'll win, but it will take a while. And as a back up, my postmaster says I could file a mail fraud charge. The moral of this story is don't let your guard down when dealing with the rules of Ebay and the competency of PSA...

Comments

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I would rather have Kelly Ripa's autograph anyway. image
  • Options
    Sorry to hear this.

Unfortunately the autograph area of the hobby likely has more fraud in it than any other area.
    If you collect autographs the percentage that some of them are fakes is very high and that includes slabbed ones as well.

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I'd ever buy anything from a company called Autograph Outlet; the signature looked "close enough?"

Sorry this happened to you.

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would rather have Kelly Ripa's autograph anyway. image >>

Kelly Ripa
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    Does PSA still do the service where you send them the eBay link and they make a halfway decent call on if they feel it's real or not? Thought I remembered them doing this...may want to check into it next time.

Edit: it just hit me, it's PSA Quick Opinion and they still do it.
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does PSA still do the service where you send them the eBay link and they make a halfway decent call on if they feel it's real or not? Thought I remembered them doing this...may want to check into it next time.

Edit: it just hit me, it's PSA Quick Opinion and they still do it. >>

Yes they do but I planned on sending it to PSA anyway for the full monty. This autograph looked much like the ones I got in person, so I played the odds. The problem was I got caught up in EBay's time frame of 45 days. I argued that the SNAD should start when the item arrives in your hand, not when you pay for it---how else can you tell its SNAD? I currently have not received a package that was paid for on Jan.5 and I still haven't received it! By ebays rules I'm already 26 days into my 45 day period.
    I agree, much rather have a Ripa autograph, but don't want to upset the wife.....
  • Options
    GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    I had some ravens in person autographs turned down before, with modern guys its near impossible to get a cert.
    Nathan Wagner