Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Pawn Stars PSA UD 1/1 George Washington's Hair & Cut Auto Recent Show

Anyone see the episode this week? Some dude walks into the shop like he is a master collector and asked for $75k...Chum and Rick laughed him out of the store. I saw the card on Ebay a year ago back and posted about it. Small world I guess...

Old Post Link

Old Ebay Link

Meatloaf

Comments

• Options
    doog71doog71 Posts: 405 ✭✭
    I saw that too - did I hear him right that he "picked it up at a local card shop for $1100"? Then couldn't believe they wouldn't go $65K...
  • Options

<< <i>I saw that too - did I hear him right that he "picked it up at a local card shop for $1100"? Then couldn't believe they wouldn't go $65K... >>

I guess the card market is better than I thought....
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭
    I like when Rick told the guy that George Washington autographs are rreally not that rare.
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    I saw that.
    He was offered $4K and walked away from it.

BTW I believe selling of human parts is now banned on ebay. Years ago you could get any human hair you wanted
    GW, Lincoln , Napoleon......I think even they sold for only 100-200

Crad collecting and hair collectors really don't go together IMO. Even so a 1/1 is probably nowhere near a 1/1 plutonium laced strassburg also signed my aliens from the Orion belt
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how much Rick would offer for a pair of game used camouflage shorts
  • Options
    theumptheump Posts: 634 ✭✭
    In the grand scheme of things, Washington autographs are really not that rare in as you can find one if you want one. Try and find a shoeless Joe Jackson auto, now that is rare.

In fact, most autographs from former Presidents are not hard to find.
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else catch the seller saying he purchased it for $1,100 from a local dealer? Did that end up selling on ebay previously for the $44K?
  • Options
    AlbertdiditAlbertdidit Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    If a George Washington Auto isnt rare its scary to think of what say a Jeter, Kobe auto would be considered
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wonder how much Rick would offer for a pair of game used camouflage shorts >>

Game used or wine stained??
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I just saw the repeat of it for the first time. He was asking $75k, then had someone offer it on ebay for $44k. Does anyone know if it sold and if so, for how much. To me this is a rare card, but I cant see it worth more than 5-6k at best in todays market
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY