Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

First ever silver from a half dollar roll search (it's a start!)

Just got $60 of halves at the bank at lunch today on a lark. Not expecting much since the rolls were latest-style - but! In amongst the usual clad was a 1927 George V cent (rats! Ah well, it's actually a pretty nice brown F) but then in the last roll checked, one nice AU-58 '66. Hurrah! Was a fun quick thing to look through, and I may just try again. image

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTG!

You're lucky to be able to even GET halves at the bank.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭✭
    That's true, sometimes various branches won't have them or otherwise act as though it's a hassle. Glad I found something! Was somewhat bemused at the George V penny. image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By "George V cent", I assume you are talking about a Canadian small cent? That's weird, to be in a roll of halves. I could see it in a roll of cents.

Or did you mean a 1927 British penny? That's more half dollar sized. In fine, you prolly about broke even, if it cost you fifty cents, though I'll agree that it's a pretty neat discovery.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, indeed, I meant the large penny. Someone was just having fun with that roll. image

Fadetoblack, that's an impressive goal -- good luck!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file