Home Sports Talk
Options

I want the 80's back

Lots of time for sports watching and cards. Knew every player, position, team, and pretty much career stats of all the players back then, mainly due to studying my cards daily Nowadays life gets in the way. Many of the players now I don't even know who they are or anything about them. Can catch a baseball game maybe once a week during the season now. It was fun knowing everything about every player. No time now to study the cards like before. Maybe again when retirement comes.

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the 80's I used to babysit my two newborns while playing Strat-o-Matic baseball into the wee years of the morning with my friends. The season would not complete itself. It had to get done.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh the good old days. I remember the 80s well. It was a delight spoiling the grandkids.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    How life can change.i remenber having my family in Cooperstown for HOF induction of Killebrew,Farrel,Resse,Aparicio and Drysdale one of our most fun family time we had that weekend plus we went to a card show and HOF game Tigers/Braves 1984.Now i am by myself,it sucks.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it was the 70's and early 80's.

Got married in 1984 so it was time to forget the sports player's names and start to learn my children's names.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Most of my cherished memories are from that time period. The decade was dedicated to raising our family and starting our careers. Everything else took a back seat. We had a great time (without smartphones, laptops or the internet!)
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    I'm in my early 30's, but I'd love to have the 80's back.

-Pay phones! No internet. You actually had to look things up yourself.

I miss, simple, regular tv. No drug ads. I don't remember so many insurance ads in the 80's. The phone commercials now from the 80's seem kind of charming. Harry Caray on WGN in the 80's and 90's. Those were the days.
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes to that.
    49ers winning Superbowls.
    REM was actually good.
    A nice '67 ragtop bug was safely under 2K.
    I do miss the 80's
    We're all born MS70. I'm about a Fine 15 right now.
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    I really didnt get into cards until 1987, but did watch football every chance I got. Born in 1976 I was an 80's
    child, me any my buds were hooked on a thing called NINTENDO!! I cant believe my thumbs still work. Those were the days!!
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    I don't. I wouldn't be alive.