Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dreaming about coins?

nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
Since we're on the topic of psychology and coin collecting, I was wondering if anyone else dreams about coins?
I'll make the embarrasing and perhaps even pathetic admission here that I do in fact quite often dream about coins, usually in the context of finding some sort of hoard or treasure of sorts.

And often, in a waking state, as I frequently walk my dog on a well worn old horse trail, my eyes and imagination scan the rain drenched mud gutters of the trail in the very faint hopes of finding an old buffalo nickel or like treasure....

Maybe it's just my "low T" and the dreams are filling the void of the more primal gutters that would frequently occupy my mind in years past?

Have I really gone off the deep end here?

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

Comments

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dreamt I could breathe on coins and tone them. My psychologist sent me to a general practitioner who determined it was halitosis.
  • SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a dream many years ago that I found a Buffalo nickel with an date of 19529. It never came true image
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ya, i've had a few and a few forum members have even been in them!

nothing nasty though. just coins

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• I can't say that I remember dreaming about coins but I frequently think about some of my coins and about coins in general when I go to bed. Its better than thinking of stressful things and it seems to put me to sleep very well.
  • I have repeately dreamed tha I am in my old home town of Bangor Maine and one of the local banks has silver dollars to give out. I head off to that bank, but somehow never reach it.
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I dreamt I could breathe on coins and tone them. My psychologist sent me to a general practitioner who determined it was halitosis. >>

What kind of GP was he? If he was a coin doctor he might have just been trying to get rid of you Midas breath.
    Tempus fugit.
  • dogwooddogwood Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭
    Oddly enough I can't recall ever dreaming about coins.
    When I picked thriftstores for mid-century modern furniture from 1993-2002, 5 to 10 different ones a day, I used to dream of strange thriftstores in odd parts of town that would appear to yield bonanzas upon walking in the door, only to change into dreck as I approached them. Good times.
    We're all born MS70. I'm about a Fine 15 right now.
  • coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,662 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>.
    ya, i've had a few and a few forum members have even been in them!

nothing nasty though. just coins
    . >>

Did the dreams have Borat in any of themimage

• lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't remember too many coin dreams but I know there have been a few.

A day dream I've had is that I complete a series, am totally happy with it, and move on.
    Lance.
  • CoinCastCoinCast Posts: 508 ✭✭✭
    I had a dream that I would sell a certain coin to a dealer at the Long Beach show last time. It came true but I think I got a better price in my dream. image

Numismatist @WitterCoin

• daOnlyBGdaOnlyBG Posts: 1,060 ✭✭
    Yeah, actually, I have dreamt about coins once. If you'd like to read about it, continue below.

I dreamt that I had gone back in time. This isn't a new occurrence- many of my dreams involve time travel. Anyway, I remember walking into a street where people were gathering for President Lincoln's campaign speech. Of course, as soon as I saw Lincoln, I knew it was a dream, because he looked a lot like Dave Chappelle.

If you'd like, take a moment and realize the implications of President Lincoln looking like Dave Chappelle.

Anyway, while Dave Cha- I mean, Abraham Lincoln- gave his campaign speech, I realized that I was in the 1850s era. Somehow, I connected it with numismatics, and realized that I needed to grab as many Eagles as possible. Then, the weirdest thing happened- I went up to the bank teller, asked him for a roll of Eagles, and when I hoped to find many in top-notch condition, I found out they were all dated "2012." I looked around for smart-phones, hipsters, and an overly outrageous government size, but couldn't find anything.
    So, I left the bank, and began asking people for Eagles. All they had were bust halves. I saw one of them and realized that it was in mint condition- simply beautiful. However, I looked at the date in dismay- 1972.

Not quite sure what happened after that, but I do remember drinking with Mary Todd Lincoln at some point. It was probably the closest I'll ever get to drinking with the First Lady-- "in my dreams."

Since then, I strive to eat early and sleep on time, get proper rest and exercise, vary my hobbies a little bit, and so forth.

Successful BST transactions with: blu62vette, Shortgapbob, Dolan, valente151, cucamongacoin, ajaan

Interests:
    Pre-Jump Grade Project
    Toned Commemoratives
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've dreamed of seeing a Lincoln cent with the mintmark above the date. I've dreamed of yard sales seeing tables full of coins.
  • nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've dreamed of seeing a Lincoln cent with the mintmark above the date. I've dreamed of yard sales seeing tables full of coins. >>

Happy I'm not alone here. And some great dreams shared! Fun reading too.
    Unfortunately last night was spend dreaming about work- which is pretty stressful! I would have much preferred coins, or better yet, as Realone mentioned -"pretty young women". ( as long as we don't have to talk)..
    In the absence of that, i think I'll get some much needed stress relief by swimming some pool laps, then head to one of my local B&M shops to rummage through the goodies. Dream on friends!!

Edited for typo

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I had a dream many years ago that I found a Buffalo nickel with an date of 19529. It never came true image >>

It still might, check back with us in 17,516 years! image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file