Home Precious Metals
Options

suggestions for a commemorative coin

derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
This year the federal reserve bank celebrates 100 years of debasing our currency. I think this deserves a commemorative platinum coin from the US Mint. What should both sides of the coin depict?

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Comments

• Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obverse..a room of BEP printing presses running full blast.

Reverse... A shiney FIAT covertable sports car driving over pallets of US currency.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lightbulb outline on one side, jar of vaseline on the other.
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    obverse - a needle
    reverse - fully inflated balloon

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This year the federal reserve bank celebrates 100 years of debasing our currency. I think this deserves a commemorative platinum coin from the US Mint. What should both sides of the coin depict? >>

On the obverse should be an American worker thus representing the economic might of this great country. The reverse should depict the vast(unmatched) natural resources this country has.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see the mint put out a straight-faced, well -designed, classically-inspired silver dollar.

And I want it to be made out of the standard US silver dollar composition: 90% silver, 10% copper.

And I'd like it to contain a dollar's worth of silver at the time of minting. So roughly 1 gram as I type.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd like to see the mint put out a straight-faced, well -designed, classically-inspired silver dollar.

And I want it to be made out of the standard US silver dollar composition: 90% silver, 10% copper.

And I'd like it to contain a dollar's worth of silver at the time of minting. So roughly 1 gram as I type. >>

a silver dollar the size of a dime image

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'd like to see the mint put out a straight-faced, well -designed, classically-inspired silver dollar.

And I'd like it to contain a dollar's worth of silver at the time of minting. So roughly 1 gram as I type. >>

a silver dollar the size of a dime image >>

No it would have to be smaller than a half-dime.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be the size of a gold dollar image

I wouldn't hold my breath for any activist coin striking by the mint
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Can I have your permission to make buttons from these images.

<< <i>image >>

COA
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

that about sums it up best
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about Lady Liberty in a tinfoil hat on the obverse, and Chicken Little on the reverse?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obverse: A California Condor (A Big Vulture)
    Reverse: Fort Knox with a sign in front that says "Closed for Business out of stock"

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A woman hanging out the window of her apartment, hollering "it's my money, and I want it NOW!" on one side,

and an image of Hank Paulson on the other looking freaked out, asking for another trillion or the world will come to and end (for bankers).

I still marvel at the fact that our colored paper money now looks very reminiscent of the Monopoly Money that I played with as a kid. I'm sure it's not subliminal messaging or anything like that.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.